5 Month's old, lots of photos. 56K BEWARE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sevise

Aquarium Advice Activist
5 months ago today I was checking to make sure my salinity, pH, and temp were good, and was getting the bathroom prepped to process 160lbs of LR.
October 1.
041001.JPG

October 28.
041028.JPG

December 23
041223.JPG

January 19
050119.JPG

Febuary 23
050226.JPG

It's been through a number of changes, the LR has been tweaked a few times. I upgraded the sump from 20 to 100gal in December, and installed an aquacontroller and autotopoff in January. The amount of test kits I have has just about tripled. All the LR is from LR.com.

Fish:
7 Blue Chromis
2 Percs
2 Bangaii Cardinals
2 Scooter Blennies
1 Bar Goby

Inverts:
4 Peppermint Shrimp
2 Skunk Cleaners
1 Scarlet Cleaner
4 Mythrix Crabs
1 Christmas Tree worm
Blue Leg and Scarlet Hermits
Turbo, Astrae, Nassarius(Big and Small), Nerite and Cerith Snails

Corals:
Green Stars
Toadstool
Orange Polyps
Pink Birdsnest
Blue tip Acro
Hammer
2 small SPS frags I forgot the names of
Some hitchhiker corals as well

Some more detailed shots:
A closeup of the birdsnest and green stars, can you spot the scooter?
birdsnest.JPG

Hammer coral, this along with the Acro and unknown green frags were added last week. If someone cares to ID that ladder 2 I'd appreciate it.
hammer1week.JPG

hydro1week.JPG

newcoral1week.JPG

The whole right side. I just wanted a pic of the toadstool but everyone tried to get in the shot. The skunk is in his normal spot, his 'mate' molted last night and is hiding in the back.
rightside.JPG

Sorry about the size of the pics. After about a month I decided I really didn't like power heads, the look of them, the fact there intakes would always clog up, and the suction cups always fail. So I'm slowly trying to replace them. Next month I plan to replace the ph on the right with a sea-swirl. Then sometime in early summer the middle one, still not sure on what to do here, maybe a spraybar.

I can only imagine the feeling you got piecing that tank together and watching it grow. I kinda got that feeling looking at the progression. Felt good.

Thanks for sharing them.

Back
Top Bottom