50/50 Bulb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1ovaknd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, I wasn't quite sure where to post this question, but considering the fact its for my 12 gallon aquarium I figured i'd post it here. :p

I have the 12 gallon eclipse aquarium, FOWLR at the moment and im looking for a 50/50 bulb for it. I just can't seem to find anyone who makes the 50/50 that will fit the hood. It's an awkward shaped bulb. Could anyone here direct to me a website or do they not make these bulbs for the eclipse 12? I wouldn't mind buying a whole new hood, but again I don't know if it would fit on the tank properly. I'm possibly thinking of getting corals later on down the road, so I'd like to find a high wattage bulb, but if thats not possible I'll just stick to fish and live rock.

If I could start over I would have just gone with the JBJ 12 gallon Nano aquarium, but I already had the Eclipse for a couple years as a freshwater and got the itch to do saltwater. :)

Thanks in advance :D

Hellolights.com has an awesome selection of lights.

Here is the eclipse 12 bulb.

http://www.hellolights.com/13w5010dayac.html

Edit: I'm not sure about finding a higher wattage bulb. You may have to check out whole new hoods for that. Does the eclipse hood hold just this one bulb, or two? Even with 2 bulbs you are still looking at less than 2 wpg. Enough for low light corals/zoos.

Thanks a bunch!

The Eclipse 12 only allows one bulb, meaning I would only have one watt per gallon of water. Is this even enough for low light corals/zoos? Either way it'll still be good for my fish and maybe i'll finally get some growth on my live rock. I've had it since Jan/Feb and nothing wants to grow on it, but thats probably because I only have the 13 watt flourecent bulb on the tank right now.

Thanks again, i'll order the bulb right away :)

Update

I received the bulb in the mail yesterday and installed it last night.

It's been on all day and I love it! My Fire dartfish seems to love it as well, he use to spend the majority of the day hiding in his little cave and only come out when food drifted past his darthole. Normally as soon as I'd walk over to the tank he'd dart for safety, now he doesn't hide anymore and freely swims about the tank with my two clownfish. :D

I've also noticed some small growths on my liverock, i'm just crossing my fingers it's not some form of algea, but either way its still exciting!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom