50 gallon stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
would this this be an ok stock for my 50 gallon. The dimensions are roughly 48l 18h 12w.

12 kuhli loaches

3 angelicus botia

3 angel fish
Is this overstocked can I add anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could add a school of something. I'd add bleeding heart tetras, scissor tail rasboras, penguin tetras, or hatchetfish.

Angelfish get pretty big. Your tank is going to get over crowded

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok so I am getting a lot of add a group of schooling fish and more kuhlis but some of you already say I am over stocked. I am not sure what to do?

Ok so I am getting a lot of add a group of schooling fish and more kuhlis but some of you already say I am over stocked. I am not sure what to do?

I don't think that's over stocked at all mines more stock then yours will be

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok thanks for clarifying that. For schooling fish I am not sure how many or what kind to get. Also how many more kuhlis would you suggest. Any other suggestions would be help! :)

Ok thanks for clarifying that. For schooling fish I am not sure how many or what kind to get. Also how many more kuhlis would you suggest. Any other suggestions would be help! :)

Well I don't know much about kuhlis but a cool schooling fish I have is rose line sharks they have great color and personalities and they swim really nice together I have 8 in my tank

I think 12 kuhlis is enough. I have never heard of rose line sharks but I just looked them up and it turns out they are the same thing as Denison barbs which I am familiar with. They get 4 1/2 inches. Is that too big considering the other fish in the tank.

I think if you get 5 or 6 rose line sharks you would be on I have 8 of them with 4 angels 4 gouramis and a couple mollys and a decent size pleco

Ok thank you all so much for your help.
Revised stocking list:
12 kuhli loaches
3 angelicus botia
3 angel fish
6 rose line sharks

I don't like the addition of the barbs aka sharks.

They prefer cooler temps and like faster moving water which means that they don't pair well with angels.

Another thing is your angels will be the centerpiece and might be better to get a top level dweller to balance out the tank.

50g is also the minimum for a Roseline.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't like the addition of the barbs aka sharks.

They prefer cooler temps and like faster moving water which means that they don't pair well with angels.

Another thing is your angels will be the centerpiece and might be better to get a top level dweller to balance out the tank.

50g is also the minimum for a Roseline.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Agreed, those roselines are going to stress the angels. It's lime being at a kids party.. you and your friend (angels) are standing there trying to have a peaceful conversation while the kids (roselines) buzz and whirl all around you...see what I'm getting at?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I understand what you all are saying. What fish would you suggest to take their place.

So something to replace the sharks... you want a nice schooling fish? Rummy nose tetras have a nice red face and would slightly resemble the sharks I guess.. while at the same time being great tank mates for angels.. they get large enough to avoid being on the menu. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I am not necessarily looking for a tetra shaped like a shark it could be any tetra. What do you think of penguin tetras? Are there any other cool tetras you think would look nice in the tank?

After researching for a while I think bleeding heart tetras would be nice. What do you guys think about them.

After researching for a while I think bleeding heart tetras would be nice. What do you guys think about them.

After continuing my research I have no idea what kind of tetra to get! There are so many :)!

Back
Top Bottom