500 + gallon shark lagoon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdean2294

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Here is some pictures of my DIY 500 + gallon shark lagoon. It is electronically automated with an assortment of features and the dimensions of the tank are a little over 8 feet long x 4 feet wide x 2 feet deep. :D

I hope you enjoy the photos!

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 1,571
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 1,551
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 1,549
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 1,597
I just wanted to add, kudos to you for creating a huge tank for your sharks. Sadly, I've seen sharks in 55 gallon tanks (or less) as their PERMANENT homes.

None of our tanks will ever be a perfect replication of the ocean, but we strive to create a comfortable new environment for our inhabitants.

I'm glad that you have a tank where your sharks have ample swimming room and I'm sure that your water quality is on par with the effort it took to create such a massive tank.

haha love it! Is there like a clear side panel? or do you have to watch from above?

That is awesome, that takes a lot of sq. Ft. From a house though. How long did it take you to build that and then set it up?

My husband and I drooled over this a bit. So cool! :drool:

SaltieFresh said:
I just wanted to add, kudos to you for creating a huge tank for your sharks. Sadly, I've seen sharks in 55 gallon tanks (or less) as their PERMANENT homes.

None of our tanks will ever be a perfect replication of the ocean, but we strive to create a comfortable new environment for our inhabitants.

I'm glad that you have a tank where your sharks have ample swimming room and I'm sure that your water quality is on par with the effort it took to create such a massive tank.

Agreed.

This is one of if not the coolest "tank" I've ever seen. Awesome

Back
Top Bottom