53 Gallon Tank Questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettafish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So theres this ad for a 53 gallon tank and I'm thinking of getting it. The dimentions are 51x12x20. What size of stand would I need for it? A 55 gallon stand is only 48 inches long @.@ Also, how would I do light hoods? Do two 24 inch fixtures and have them on each ends of the tank? Would that work? Thanks for your help! I need an answer by thursday night since we leave friday to go to the city that the tank is in. :D

I would recommend a DIY stand, if you don't want to put out the cash for a bigger one. You can do it with just strong wooden planks, or you can finish it if you want a nicer look.

For lighting, are you doing a planted tank?

Awwe, if only I wasnt a 15 year old girl with no tools/experience, I would make one, but I cant D: I would add plants eventually yes, but low-light ones, so I dont need fancy lighting or anything.

Okay, well it's really not very hard, but you can just buy one that's large enough by looking at the dimensions. =D

So I assume the tank you want isn't coming with a hood?

Edit: what I would do is buy a couple of 12" lighting fixtures and attach them to the sides of the tank vertically, one on each side. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom