55 FW tank almost finished

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello,

So ive had my community 55 gal tank up and running for about 2 months now. I have a good asortment of fish including..
1. 3 Lemon tetras
2. 3 Black skirt tetras
3. 3 Hy 511 tetras
4. 2 dwarf gouramis(blue and red)
5. 2 cory Julii
6. 1 Red tail shark
7. 1 Black Kuhli loach
8. 7 Dannios

I'm going to attempt to get rid of the danios so i will have a littre more room to put a pleco and 2 rams. I know that i have to get a pleco in the next couple of months but do you think i would be able to put 2 rams in if i get rid of some of the danios?

Attachments

• Fish tank.jpg
    Fish tank.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 79
Great tank you got, but I would like to point out you might have some issues going on. You're stock is too low on a few points. If the lemon tetras and black skirt don't always school together, I would add 2 more of each. Adding to that, corydoras are shoaling fish, witch means they stay together for social reasons. Adding 2 more can really help them be more friendly, less stressed and even add more color(due to stress factor). I would as well add 3 more kuhli loaches due to social nature and they feel safer with other of their kind and remove the red tail shark or danio's in case the bio load is too large. As you said, removing the danios can be a good idea due also due to the aggressivity of the shark. I'm not 100% positive adding a pleco would be a great idea, nor rams. I would have to check on that. It would also depend on what type of pleco and what type of ram you want to get.

Ive had alot of people tell me that i should add to my tetras for schooling reasons and same with the loach but to be honest with you they all seem very happy and comfortable. Every fish gets along with each other and ive never had a problem with them. When i added my gourami's the tetras followed them a little bit and nipped at them a couple of times but as time went on(a week or 2) they all seem fine and there isnt any more nipping or chasing. I figured 2 corys, red tail shark, and the loach would be enough for the bottom feeders. Yes the corys stick together quite a bit but they also branch off and do there own thing.
Thank you for responding, i always like to hear what other think and there ideas!

Ive had alot of people tell me that i should add to my tetras for schooling reasons and same with the loach but to be honest with you they all seem very happy and comfortable. Every fish gets along with each other and ive never had a problem with them. When i added my gourami's the tetras followed them a little bit and nipped at them a couple of times but as time went on(a week or 2) they all seem fine and there isnt any more nipping or chasing. I figured 2 corys, red tail shark, and the loach would be enough for the bottom feeders. Yes the corys stick together quite a bit but they also branch off and do there own thing.
Thank you for responding, i always like to hear what other think and there ideas!

I know you said all the fish get along and seem happy but do the tetras actually school together?

Yeah they school but not all the time. Thanks Thursyanna!

Back
Top Bottom