55 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judyheitz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_3363.jpg

Set up my first 55 gal tank in January 2018. It has a Cascade 700 outside enclosed filter system. My plants are coming along slowly. I use Eco Complete Planted Black Aquarium Substrate and
Seachem Flourish At first I had to fight with brown algae but that has improved. I currently have 5 rainbows , 3 albino Congo tetras, 2 long tail Congo tetras, 3 emerald green Cory, one bristle nose pleco, and one rubber lip pleco. I’m thoroughly enjoying my tank.

Your Tank

View attachment 307931

Set up my first 55 gal tank in January 2018. It has a Cascade 700 outside enclosed filter system. My plants are coming along slowly. I use Eco Complete Planted Black Aquarium Substrate and
Seachem Flourish At first I had to fight with brown algae but that has improved. I currently have 5 rainbows , 3 albino Congo tetras, 2 long tail Congo tetras, 3 emerald green Cory, one bristle nose pleco, and one rubber lip pleco. I’m thoroughly enjoying my tank.

Hello Judy...

A nicely put together tank. To keep it a good environment for your fish and plants, you have to maintain a stable water chemistry all the time. This is really simple to do if you take good care of the tank water. Plan a weekly water change routine that includes removing and replacing most of the tank water and doing a good job of servicing the filer system when you change the water. There's no such thing as a fish dying from a sound water change routine, only from not following a sound routine.

Have fun!

B

Back
Top Bottom