55 gallon 29 gallon sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coxk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, new here. I have a 55 gallon tank I’ve had setup for years I finally decided to set up a sump tank under it. I have it all working but I’m having a couple issues. I just purchased an aqueon 2300 pump and it out runs my overflow I built out of 1.25 pvc even on the lowest setting. What am I doing wrong? I didn’t think the pump was to big to out run my 1.25 overflow

I feel as if this would burn the pump up faster. Am I wrong? I’ve never messed with pumps

As long as it is installed after the pump in the return line you are all good.
Got pictures of your overflow and sump?
I would not have thought the pump would be too strong either ? Head pressure and hose size usually restrict flow enough. Your drain/overflow should handle aprox.750GPH I believe. How high does the pump have to return?I would guess 4' with a 55 at least?
The pump is adjustable I have read ,did you adjust it to as low as it can go?

Yeah I have adjusted it all the way down which it says is around 300 gph but max is also only around 650. And yeah I’ve got 5’ of head and I’ve got 3/4 flex tubing running from the pump. I’ll see if I can figure out how to get some photos up

Back
Top Bottom