55 gallon big fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually everyone has told me that but Iv never had a problem with feeders the guys I go to are pretty reliable

No offense, but if you aren't prepared to provide healthy feeders for your piscivorous fish, perhaps it's time to look at other species.

Ok just cuz I don't breed feeders don't mean nothing ok the only other tank I have is a 10 gallon which my brother is using plus I don't know how to breed fish at all so just because I don't have my own little breeding tank going on doesn't mean I can't have the fish I want to get so maybe you should not criticize me ok

Ok just cuz I don't breed feeders don't mean nothing ok the only other tank I have is a 10 gallon which my brother is using plus I don't know how to breed fish at all so just because I don't have my own little breeding tank going on doesn't mean I can't have the fish I want to get so maybe you should not criticize me ok

Please, feel free to point out the criticism in my posts. There is a difference between criticizing someone out of the blue vs. attempting to have a constructive dialogue about stocking options (and thus, the ramifications of those options) when the question at hand is a stocking question. You have posted this thread on a public forum, asking for suggestions and opinions. If you are not cool with suggestions that run counter to your preconceived notions of what responses you should receive on the matter, then why bother?

To all - lots of good advice in this thread. Thanks for helping make this site the great resource it is. Lets keep it above board and keep the conversation civil.

To the OP - folks are trying to help you out and avoid some of the pitfalls and mistakes we have made or seen in the past. Don't take it personally. You can take it or leave it. Personally, when the advice is coming from someone with as much experience in fish husbandry as Severum Mama, I'd take it. Of course it is up to you. But please keep up the good discussion without it getting personal. Everyone just wants to help.

Thanks all!

Please, feel free to point out the criticism in my posts. There is a difference between criticizing someone out of the blue vs. attempting to have a constructive dialogue about stocking options (and thus, the ramifications of those options) when the question at hand is a stocking question. You have posted this thread on a public forum, asking for suggestions and opinions. If you are not cool with suggestions that run counter to your preconceived notions of what responses you should receive on the matter, then why bother?

Ok we'll just cuz I don't have my own feeder fish doesn't mean I have to change what I want to stock my tank with you may breed your own feeders but I don't have the time the knowledge or the requirements to do so so plz don't tell me that I've been buying feeders for a year and have never had a problem

Ok we'll just cuz I don't have my own feeder fish doesn't mean I have to change what I want to stock my tank with you may breed your own feeders but I don't have the time the knowledge or the requirements to do so so plz don't tell me that I've been buying feeders for a year and have never had a problem

I've been keeping fish for over ten years and have had many problems. Nothing outside of the norm really, but trust me, if you keep fish long enough and you have enough tanks, you will run into issues at some point. There are steps you can take to minimize these issues. Breeding your own feeders for your piscivorous fish is one of these steps. Whether or not you have the means to produce said feeders doesn't make this information any less accurate.

Last edited:

Well guppies don't really require knowledge to breed :L

Guppies are the pond snails of the fish world - get several males and females, add lots of cover for fry to hide in, and you will have babies coming out your ears.

Mylil brother is using my 10g can I use that it has a golden dojo in it and a marble goby but I can move the goby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom