55 gallon planted retrospective.....LOTS of photos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Newfound
Great looking scape.
I read about all the experts saying that DIY CO2 won't work on a tank that big.
BUT, you prove those experts wrong.
Charles

I use DIY co2 on any of my planted tanks, I just think all that co2 in the big tank is just getting to expensive and just not worth the time, if you can get beautiful tanks with DIY co2 what's the point of going extra when you don't have to.

I have had a planted tank for two years now but I have terrible luck with plants... What do you do that your plants look so healthy?

Great tank, newfound! It really made the leap in pic 6 of post #3. That foundation becoming pic 1 and 2 in post #4 is my favorite. Your favorite is a really close second -- I really like the center in that scape, but I liked the right side of the previous scape a little more, and think you really got the center special with the rosette/crowned plants in post #5. Nice fish!!

Interesting. . . I am starting up a 55 and my currently light fixture, coming from a reef tank, has 2x96 watt bulbs (one actinic the other 10k). One change I have to make is toss the actinic and replace it with another bulb.

I have a question. . . After you lowered the wattage, did many of the plants die out? I noticed you did some replacement after putting in 50/50s.

I want to make sure I have the correct lighting when I start up. Did you cut down wattage because of the amount of work involved the that much light?

Amazing plant growth for only a week of heavy lighting. How often did you have to trim the plants with your original lighting?

I guess the question I need to ask is why did you cut down the lighting?

Thanks! Very nice tank!

Wow! Beautiful aquarium you have.
Hope to achieve this standard for planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom