55 Gallon Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy91

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey Everyone,

I started a post on this tank a few months ago and wanted to give people a update or a chance to look at the progress. I will post a before and now pic: Hope everyone likes it. :D Plants are still growing in.
Before:

img_2347862_0_2b4f24d8ada051e829575f74a3eea84c.jpg

After/Now:

img_2347862_1_2051ba1b66849c7406ae4303e689b6e1.jpg

Wow

Wow your tank is amazing! My tank is just starting to fill in and I hope that it turns out like yours! What types of ferts are you using and are you running co2?

Hey Everyone,

I started a post on this tank a few months ago and wanted to give people a update or a chance to look at the progress. I will post a before and now pic: Hope everyone likes it. :D Plants are still growing in.
Before:

After/Now:

Nice I want to start a planted tank but not sure how difficult it is

Thanks everyone :)

The first pic is from sometime in November of last year (2012). The most recent was from yesterday. Some of the plants I've actually taken out and was given to a friend of mine for his tank, some plants do tend to get wild once they take off. :ROFLMAO:

There is pressurized Co2 which was the best investment I've made on the tank (other than the lights). I am also dosing Dry Micro and Macro Fertilizer blends on a strict schedule.

Nice I want to start a planted tank but not sure how difficult it is

It's not difficult at all! Just have to keep up with your tank and from my experiences, Fertilizers and WCs. Ever since putting one live plant in my old 20 gallon my fish seemed to love it more than the plastic ones.... then I went crazy and had to go fully planted. Couldn't help myself. :lol: The fish love it!

Also watching your tank change everyday with new/growing plants is amazing, it's never the same day to day. One of the many joys of planted tanks.

Nice transition. What lighting were you using and what did you upgrade to?

In the first picture I actually have one 24" Dual T5 HO fixture with 6.7k on one side of the tank. (this was from my 20 gallon tank) Before I started planting my 20 gallon I had just a normal standard fixture that came with the tank. The entire process was a upgrade technically from a 20 gallon planted to 55 gallon. So, I upgraded to a 46"? Dual T5 HO fixture with 6.7k.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom