55 Gallon Stock List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rozdab

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm trying to do a 55 Gallon with dwarf cichlids/apistos.

I have a pair of GBR's that will be going in there.

I also have atleast one Marble Angel if not two that will be going in this tank. They are young, growing up together, came from same breeder, and get along pretty well so far. I have the ability to keep the Angels separated which is I what I will probably do anyways.

I will get a school of danios or tetras to go with them.

Only other fish in here will be a bristlenose pleco.

My questions are:

Can I add say 2-4 Bolivian/GB rams to the mix?

Also what are the best apistogrammas that get along with the rams?

If I end up getting 2-4 Bolivians with the pair of GBR's I already have can I add any more dwarfs or any apistos still?

Thanks
Bill

Hmm...

Severums will get much bigger than the Apistos / gbrs, I would guess that a 3" fish would be food for a 12" fish. . I definitely think a Severum would be a bad idea to add to a tank with much smaller cichlids like apistos and gbrs. The reading I have done with them suggest fish like Oscars and other larger cichlids with them, because they have big attitudes. Non-threatening fish like tetras, etc. have been known to work with them. But the GBRs / Apistos are going to try to claim a territory and the severum might not want any part of that.

I could be totally wrong, but this is my opinion based on the reading I have done about Severums :)

BN Pleco's work great with cichlids in my experience.

Also remember that GBR's are a touchy fish very sensitive to NitrAtes and water hardness, they thrive in lower ph.

Yea Idk why I amended and added severums. Wasn't thinking lol oops.

But yea wondering basically how many different apistos and Rams are ok in a 55?

And yea I pwc the gbr tank all the time and have some peat moss in filter cause my local ph is high 7's. Which im aure is fine aince rhey are from same area. I have them in my QT and will be for next month or so.

Yea Idk why I amended and added severums. Wasn't thinking lol oops.

But yea wondering basically how many different apistos and Rams are ok in a 55?

And yea I pwc the gbr tank all the time and have some peat moss in filter cause my local ph is high 7's. Which im aure is fine aince rhey are from same area. I have them in my QT and will be for next month or so.

Well this sounds better!

Honestly, I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else can chime in for you on how many that you can have :)

Back
Top Bottom