55 Gallon stocking ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buzzkiller

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just planted my 55 Gallon. Currently has 3 angelfish in it but am getting rid of them due to them eating all my plants (No its not a lack of nutrition.) Any way pretend like you got a new 55 what would you stock it with? This is what Ive thought of so far but is open to change.

10 corydoras of my liking.
10 serpae tetras or 10 congo tetras Please tell me which one you like more.

You can either give mesome ideas that will go with those or a whole different stock. Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Serape tetras I've not had but I have 8 congo tetras in a 55 g. They are very nice in the tank with iridescent colors, long pretty fins, they get fairly large, 3-4 inches. Now that's the males. I only have 2 females which are much smaller and are plain looking. Had them 4 months and so far so many males don't bother the females. They are not nippy and don't bother smaller tetras. My pearl gourami don't care for them because they swim around so fast and bump them sometimes. They are aggressive eaters. The tank looks very nice and full of activity. I like them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have serpaes and they are low to mid dwellers and can be nippy at times.

Do a semi African tank if you like congo tetras.

2 kribensis
2 leopard bush fish
6 congo tetra
3 lyretail killifish
5 small synodontis catfish

Great advise guys! apr28 an African tank would be great I might just have to do that... One thing though I had a leopard bush fish before. Most aggressive fish Ive ever owned. He tried to eat fish almost his length.

Back
Top Bottom