55 Gallon Stocking List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cconnel1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well so far my tank is doing great, i have been adding new fish weekly. So far this is what im working with:

3 - Red Wag Platties
3 - Golden Mickey Mouse Platties
6 - Tiger Barbs
6 - Giant Danios
1 - Rainbow Shark
2 - Mystery Snails

What does everyone think...i want to get some clown loachs to finish it off

Sound good so far. I wouldn't want to add too much more. Clown loaches get quite large so unless you plan on upgrading to a much larger tank in the future, I would skip them and stick to a smaller loach like yoyos.

thats actually what id ideally like to get, but unfortunately my only store options around here are petsmart an petco, neither of which carry the yoyo

If youre for sure that you will upgrade at some point,I dont see the harm in getting a few clown loaches.The do grow big,but not particularly fast.LPS has a 7 year old clown loach that is about 6 inches long.

Also,if you get clown loaches skip the mystery snails as they will end up a snack.

Sounds good, keep in mind the barbs may be nippy toward the platies. If you really want to get those loaches, go to liveaquaria.com, they've the most online fish I known of.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom