55 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
here is my current stocking:

2 angels
1 kissing gourami
3 dwarf gouramies
2 bristle nose plecos
4 black skirt tetras

here is what i'm thinking

option1
5 angels
1 kissing gourami
3 dwarf gouramies
2 bristle nose pleacos
4 black skirt tetras

option 2
4 angels
1 kissing gourami
6 dwarf gouramies
2 bristle nose plecos
8 black skirt tetras:fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2:

:thanks:

I don't want to be rude but you shouldn't start another thread just because your other thread isn't getting the answer you want. You've been told those stock lists won't work.

I honestly dont like 2 or 3. Option 3 has way more fish then option 2, and option 2 has 5 angelfish, 2 would be okay.

How about i make an option 4 for you.
2 angelfish
3-4 dwarf gourmis
8 black skirts
8 of some other tetra
1-2 Rainbow fish (not sure about this)
Bottom feeders 1-2 large ones or a school of small ones ex 2 pecock eels or 6-8 cories

calfishguy said:
here is my current stocking:

2 angels
1 kissing gourami
3 dwarf gouramies
2 bristle nose plecos
4 black skirt tetras

here is what i'm thinking

option1
5 angels
1 kissing gourami
3 dwarf gouramies
2 bristle nose pleacos
4 black skirt tetras

option 2
4 angels
1 kissing gourami
6 dwarf gouramies
2 bristle nose plecos
8 black skirt tetras:fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2:

:thanks:

I dont like either option. 4-5 angels is too much for a 55 with other tankmates. It could be done if they were alone, but with nothing else. You will run into problems with that many down the road

As for the gouramis, they are really agressive twoards their own kind. You'd need a proper female to male ratio to have it somewhat work, but there will STILL be problems. I recommend only 1, maybe 2.

I am not sure how they would get along with the kissing gourami once it gets bigger, and it could get to a foot. I wouldnt have one of those either.

2 bristlenose will work, and bump the tetra school to 6-8.

calfishguy said:
I started a new thread because you arent answering since I updated it

Its called bumping. Which is not allowed on this site. You also arent allowed to make multiple threads on the same topic hoping for different answers. I agree with mumma:)

I would have just been repeating what was already said. That's why I didn't answer. That's all. Honestly I don't think you should add any more angels or gouramis. If the ones you have get along don't mess with it. 4 grown angels pairs or not is a lot for a 55 IMO. I would suggest looking into a school of something if you wanted to add something else. As suggested what about a school of rainbows?

Really you can TRY 3 angels but be prepared to rehome one if you get a pair.
6 rainbows (all the same kind)
Up the school of skirts to 6
And your done. Stocked to the max. I hope you have good filtration!

calfishguy said:
I have an aqua clear 70 aprox six time water turn over per hour

For a 55? Eh i dont think thatd be enough if you stock like you are

Ya i am sure that 5 angels will be a disaster, end of story. I had one totally non agressive angelfish, not even an adult and i add a juvi and chaos. The previous angel hated the new one and it was bad.

Thanks for the help I will go with
2angels
The plecos
The three dg
6black skirts
The kissing for now
4-6 rainbows

Do you think. An aqua clear 70 is enough

Ps sorts I get really really stubborn sometimes

calfishguy said:
Thanks for the help I will go with
2angels
The plecos
The three dg
6black skirts
The kissing for now
4-6 rainbows

Do you think. An aqua clear 70 is enough

Ps sorts I get really really stubborn sometimes

Sounds good! If your keeping up with your weekly water changes the AC70 is fine IMO.
Stubborn? I didn't notice :/ lol!

I hate to rain on the parade, but... I have like 6 angels in my 55 with several other fish. No problems here. But I'm not telling you to do that, I'm just saying that's what I have. And I do tons of PWCs too.

paytertot said:
I hate to rain on the parade, but... I have like 6 angels in my 55 with several other fish. No problems here. But I'm not telling you to do that, I'm just saying that's what I have. And I do tons of PWCs too.

But your overstocked bro, and thats the truth. I know you keep up on your maintanence and all, but 4-6 angels in a 55 isnt good long term, especially not with other fish

Gboy66 said:
But your overstocked bro, and thats the truth. I know you keep up on your maintanence and all, but 4-6 angels in a 55 isnt good long term, especially not with other fish

+1
And the discus. I wouldn't use your tank as an example. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom