55 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J.D.H.

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey y'all, its THAT time again. Yep, another stocking thread.(y) Just can't make up my mind, so please help out.

Here are a list of fish I like, and its a long one, so its a good thing I got a decent sized tank.:fish2:

Angel Fish

All Cory catfish

Dojo A.K.A. Weather Loach (golden or regular)

Female Bettas

Kuhli Loach

Rams (bolivian or GBR)

Kribensis

Neon Tetras

Tiger Barbs

Red Tailed Sharks

Now, the tank currently has like 10 small anacharis plants, 3 peppered corys, 1 panda cory, and 1 female betta. I do 25% PWC every week, and have dual Marineland Penguin Power Filters running, so a slight overstock is not a problem. Shoot me some ideas, please, I can't seem to make up my mind.:facepalm: The only thing I really know that I want is at least 1 decent sized fish(angel) and a tight schooling fish group(neons). Thanks for any ideas, tips, or advice. :)

I'd say skip the Red-tail Shark and go with a Rainbow Shark. RBS's are a bit smaller and not as territorially nasty as RTS's .. but no guarantee. If your heart is set on an Angel fish, you may have to skip TigerBarbs. Literature states keep them in groups of 6+ to deter fin-nipping, but this is no guarantee either.

Aside from Neons, also consider Cardinal Tetras and either Rummynose or Bloodfin tetras ... their Red / Blue and Silver / Red body colors make a great contrast.

Ok, no to Tiger Barbs for now, how many of each of the other fish can be added?

Back
Top Bottom