55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got gravel and slate and driftwood in

Glass is still super dirty but here we are
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452054540.155665.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Filled the tank to leak test tonight, all goes well the pump for the sump will be here tomorrow

Thanks again for all the help all further updates will continue on my tank thread if anyone is interested it will be in my recent posts

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452729740.448703.jpg

Didn't think I would be able to stare at an empty tank with fake plants before so I can't wait to get the fish in it

I honestly can't thank everyone enough for all the input and advice

Hey hukit! My boss was telling my to do bosmani rainbows with jack dempseys, I thought it was a terrible idea but he swore it would be perfect

is he right or is it a terrible idea?

Tank looks great!
Sounds like a bad idea unless the rainbows are dithers???
I am not a JD keeper so good call looking for HUKIT!
I was looking for him too!:whistle:

Rainbows may work but would be expensive snacks when they sleep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rainbows may work but would be expensive snacks when they sleep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i believe they get kinda large so i thought they may be able to not be eaten but I dont know as much as you and Hukit do, the new LFS here is selling them for $3.50 a piece or $21 for six so i thought it might be worth trying if it could work

i believe they get kinda large so i thought they may be able to not be eaten but I dont know as much as you and Hukit do, the new LFS here is selling them for $3.50 a piece or $21 for six so i thought it might be worth trying if it could work

They do get large in time and are fast. It will depend on your individual JD's. I usually use Buenos aries tetras just because they are $1 a piece when on sale at petsmart. They usually work well until they don't. When any of my larger centrals decided to snap I would wake up to almost all of them gone or dead.

They do get large in time and are fast. It will depend on your individual JD's. I usually use Buenos aries tetras just because they are $1 a piece when on sale at petsmart. They usually work well until they don't. When any of my larger centrals decided to snap I would wake up to almost all of them gone or dead.

Ah alright, I wanted to do buenos Aries but none of my local lfs have them

Wait and see if HUKIT pops in he would know better than me with the rainbows.

Back
Top Bottom