55 gallon turtle & fish tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, But i think i'm so weird because I just hate having big fish >.< i think i'm tge only obe who would rather have small guppies than a angelfish. But what fish like to hide because I am going to have hides & drift wood, i like wild-life look in tanks.

Mollies or neons are fast and school enough to avoid a predator like a turtle.

Barbs get their reputation from tiger barbs, which can be very nippy. All the others I have ever had were no different from tetras except that they do better in hard water and tend to feed off the bottom a little better.

so guppies? are they good canidates for barbs & turtles or a no? because I'm picturing this, the razorback & stink pot turtles, 4 platys, 4 mollies & 4 guppies. 3-5 barbs,3 kuli loaches, maybe a couple an ADF & random ghost shrimp to clean the tank & a couple alegae eaters

flame_fish said:
so guppies? are they good canidates for barbs & turtles or a no? because I'm picturing this, the razorback & stink pot turtles, 4 platys, 4 mollies & 4 guppies. 3-5 barbs,3 kuli loaches, maybe a couple an ADF & random ghost shrimp to clean the tank & a couple alegae eaters

Remember, ghosts and adf will be killed. Consider the featherfin dude. He will eat any and all leftovers

Yeah I kno, I don't really care much for the shrimp & Featherfin catfish? You kno any websites I can get info about them on?

flame_fish said:
Yeah I kno, I don't really care much for the shrimp & Featherfin catfish? You kno any websites I can get info about them on?

Uhm me or nu-nu haha. Just type it in on google and youll get enough info

After everything we've all said, I think your being a bit naive throwing all that livestock in. Try one or two and see how it goes. Add shrimp later if you want them but they will get eaten, turtles love to munch on snails, any snails, and I'm sure the frog will provide no challenge.

Haha okay the guppies and fish will be bullied/ killed by ur barbs, as well as being eaten by the turtle. It will be terrible for those small fish.

Featherfins are awesome. They eat everything on the ground! Ex: leftover food, worms, shrimp! Its awesome. He has tons of personality and is nocturnal, so hides during the day, but if very active in te eavning. He gets pretty big, but that takes forever! Haha i strongly reccomend

Ah >.< this sucks lol. I'm just going to take everything into consideration & stop thinking just because I have a 55g tank all my fish will be okay. But alright i'm going to ex out the frogs, & guppies & shrimp for now, i'll stick with housing the barbs, maybe the featherfin & mollies & platys & see how tht will goo. Mind you, i'm not getting the tank set up anytime soon. Just wanted some advice.

Oh ya you have tons of time! If you told me every fish you are interested i could try to make a stocking plan for you and you can say yes or no

That's cool. Were only here to offer our opinions based on experience. Good idea tho starting with barbs. I think they are most likely to succeed. You will love the musks they are amazing to watch when they are exploring the tank.

nomadu571: thanks I really hope when my tanks final everything will go as planned.
and
nunutheeel: the stocking plan would be great :) my dad only deals with saltwater so he wouldn't know about this kind of thing!!

No problems, like helping out getting ideas for my future tank aswell, so make sure to keep me updated on what fish work and what don't, as I will be wanting to do the same eventually, now I've had the gourami in with mine, the idea has become more feasible for me.

When you do setup make sure you add lots of pics of the tank and turts, love pics and I'm quote nosey, lol, so like to know what others are doing.

Good luck with it, :)

Back
Top Bottom