55g help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
quick question guys, My tank is cyclings and the ammonia has been pretty high for about the last 8-10 days. Ive been doing daily PWC's and the few fish in there seem to be pretty happy. If i understand the cycling right the ammonia should start to go down and the Nitrite will go up.. etc. When should I excpect it to go up? It took about 5 days for the ammonia to come up after initially setting the tank up.

Can you get ahold of a used piece of filter from a friend? If they don't have parasites, you could introduce it to the tank and be done quickly.

If you don't, it could be as much as two weeks, I've had it happen in 9-11 days.

i moved a bunch of gravel from my established 10g tank... i was hoping that would kick start it... its sent about 100 snails into my tank too that i dont want in there.

if you plan on getting a pair of angel, dont choose any fin nippers like barbs or even that red tail shark because they do get aggressive, i would go with a school of tetras/danios or bottom dwellers like corys and make the pair of angels the centerpiece =]

im still worried about my tank, i still havnt seen any nitrites and my ammonia is pretty high. I sqeezed some filter media from my 10g into my filter and i still havnt seen any nitrites... any ideas of how long before i start seeing a drop in ammonia and increase in nitrites?

It's been awhile since I started a new new tank (without being able to piggyback a filter on another tank for like a week) but I'd imagine between 1-2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom