55g limit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adkjoe

Aquarium Advice Regular
At the moment I have a 55 gallon with lots of rocky hiding spots and plants. I have a blue acara, convict, firemouth, and a jewel cichlid. They all get along really well and all is happy. Would it be too much to add another cichlid to the tank or should I just stick with the 4? It's heavily filtered I'm just more concerned about when they are all full grown. Can I add another medium sized sa cichlid and still be ok?

Not sure what other cichlid u could put in there u are pretty close to being fully stocked... But if u do figure out another fish u could put in there make sure it will be able to hold its own with that jewel they get pretty nasty.

At the moment I have a 55 gallon with lots of rocky hiding spots and plants. I have a blue acara, convict, firemouth, and a jewel cichlid. They all get along really well and all is happy. Would it be too much to add another cichlid to the tank or should I just stick with the 4? It's heavily filtered I'm just more concerned about when they are all full grown. Can I add another medium sized sa cichlid and still be ok?

I'd just be happy that everyone is happy, and not mess with it. IMO the risk isn't worth any potential gain.

How big is your jewel? Once they get about 4" they are such pests. I ended up having to let my cat have a high priced meal.

Back
Top Bottom