55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nvallejov

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I bought a 55 gallon aquarium and it came with and aquatic life 108w fixture and I was wondering what plants I would be able to grow with it. I do have pressurized co2 that I'm able to use and for substrate I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What type bulb is in it? Most likely you'll have low light that wouldn't necessarily need pressurized CO2. Plants that would grow in that light would be Vals, Dwarf Sag, Crypts, many types of Swords, Water Sprite, Java ferns, Bolbitus, and Anubia's, just to name a few.

Ones a 6700k and the others an actinic I think it's called

Actinic is useless.. Get another 6700k bulb or get a plant grow pink bulb. What kind of fixture is this.. Is it a T5, T5 High output... or is it a Power Compact ?? if its 108 watts its a T5HO.. 108 watts for a 55 is about mediumish lighting..

You can grow all green type plants.. If you want reds get easy to grow reds like the Altenthera Reneki or a red tiger lotus will work.. I wouldn't worry about needing CO2 till you get more lighting. Like around 140-150watts

Sweet will do! I am defiantly gonna try to grow tiger lily

Lotus I ment

Back
Top Bottom