55uk gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rudfudge

Aquarium Advice Regular
So heres my 55 uk gallon 4ft tank.

Stock with:
10 neons
2 blue rams
2 silver sharks
1 blue gourami
4 corydoras
1 horseface loach

Whats peoples opinions of the setup. Any ideas for additional decoration etc. Any opinions on the stocking list? Feel free to post pictures of your tanks as im open to all ideas. Looking forward to your responses guys :)

ForumRunner_20130609_131000.jpg

Gorgeous!! Mines also a 55ukg but its tall so not got your width. Yours is beautiful! Swap!? ;oP

Are the silver sharks bala sharks? If so they'll need a much bigger tank. But good stock so far, and the good news is you could add quite a bit more! As long as your filtration is good you could always add another big school and also up the amount of cories you currently have. Great start so far!

+1. in addition, the bala shark may try to eat the neons as they get older.

Thanks for the kind words about my setup :). The sharks look very similar to bala sharks but at the lfs they had two types one would grow 35cm and the others (the ones i have) said 15cm max so hopefully they dont end up as the bigger ones otherwise i will have to twist the wives arm into a 6ft tank (maybe be a good thing :) ) im running two internal filters atm between them they filter 2500l per hour which i think is quite high? I was thinking i was fully stocked i am pleased i may be able to add more in time. Any idea on decorations to add to it?

Swapping fish tanks lol after 4 months of prep work to get stable for this one and thats with seed material from my live bearer smaller tank. I think maybe it will next year before i dare look at another empty tank lol. Post a pic of yours if you can. It would be nice to see :)

I have thought about it but wasnt sure how it would work to transition without loosing the cycle now?

Back
Top Bottom