56 Gallon Stocking Help Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am soon buying a 56 gallon column 30" W x 18" D x 24" H. I am trying to make a very exciting tank with oddball unique fish. This is what I was thinking (I KNOW IT IS OVERSTOCKED! THESE ARE JUST FISH I AM CONSIDERING!) BTW the ones in bold are the ones I really really want.

Red Cherry Shrimp
Black Kuhli Loaches
Marbled Crayfish (Cloning Crayfish)
Gold Ringed Danios
Celestial Pearl Danios (Galaxy Rasbora)
Zebra Danios
Chilli Rasbora
South Thailand Rasbora (Boraras sp.)
Neon Tetras
Sparkling Gourami
Badis Badis
Freshwater Flounder (My LFS says they have one that gets to 3 inches)

I want to be sure everything is compatable so please advise me lol Also I want some other cool fish if you can think of any that would look nice and be fun fish.
Thanks and God bless!

Also my ph is at or a little above 6. Is that ok?

I have one, and a bolivian and I dont know for sure, but i think they would eat/try to eat the inverts. They swim mostly on the bottom among the plants and in the caves and they eat everything I put in. They're generally well mannered, but they are cichlids after all :)

I have one, and a bolivian and I dont know for sure, but i think they would eat/try to eat the inverts. They swim mostly on the bottom among the plants and in the caves and they eat everything I put in. They're generally well mannered, but they are cichlids after all :)
Man! I really really want the inverts but I love those! Im not sure my ph would be ok though...

Also my ph is at or a little above 6. Is that ok?

I think that's ok, mine was 6.8 and I added some driftwood which brought it down a bit and I'm pretty sure I read they're okay up to about 7. They prefer soft water and wont tolerate poor water quality. But I think they're Grrrrrrrreat! :cool:

I think that's ok, mine was 6.8 and I added some driftwood which brought it down a bit and I'm pretty sure I read they're okay up to about 7. They prefer soft water and wont tolerate poor water quality. But I think they're Grrrrrrrreat! :cool:
I love it! Reminds me off the scarlet badis! I just wish I could have inverts! Would it kill a marbled crayfish? I wanted that and some shrimp....

Back
Top Bottom