6 alive after 1 week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackRyan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My girlfriend and I bought a new dalmation molly about 8 days ago. by the time we got her home she had given birth to baby fish in the bag!

We (haven never encountered baby fish before) immediately set to work learning how to raise them.

Right now they are in my 10 gallon tank in a breeders net. We were able to keep 6 alive and healthy ( i think) looking baby dalmation mollies!

so my question is, how soon can I release them into the rest of the tank and when do i feed them the normal food? I have a few other adult platys and mollies in the tank. Right now I feed the babies finely crushed up flake food.

My aquarium also has never cycled just right. I have high ammonia levels and few nitrates, even though it is about 2 months old.

If anybody could help us out we'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Adult mollies and platys should be kept away from their young. I wouldn't advise you to put the babies in with the adults until they reach a size that is close to your others if you do they might be eaten. So I would wait until the babies are large enough where they can't fit into the other fishes mouths. It can take up to 4 month depending on the fish, some grow quicker than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom