6 Weeks, No Nitrites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
apologies to the OP did not intend to Hijack the topic, just mutual questions :) my PH is stable at 7.8, I use API master test kit, my ammo has spiked before to 2.0 (I do ALOT of PWC..) I do have filter media from my LFS in my filter (part of my bypass problem..) that has been in there for 2 weeks but if this cycled my tank why do I still have low ammo? (just tested well water and its bright yellow, tank sample is slight green I would say .25...)Thanks for answering :)

Is the ammonia slowing down at all or is it still increasing at the same rate; are you doing as many water changes as you did a month or so ago or less? It could be your filter issue although I'm not sure. When you get your new one just move all the media you have into the new filter, hopefully the filter is the problem. You already have seeded media so that's good. The only other thing to try as I mentioned is adding minerals like Replenish or RO Rite but you shouldn't really need them unless there's something lacking in your tap water that is inhibiting the bacteria.

Kinda funny..I have the EXACT same issue...26 gal tank,fish in cycling,aqueon 30 HOB, .25 ammo,no trites,5.0 trates...been cycling for 2 months now... I clean my filter in old tank water (not that it matters I have a well..) and do 50%+PWC's every 2-3 DAYS... the only thing I HAVE noticed is that even with rinsing out my filter ALOT of water is going around it through the bypass to the side and not through my filter media (I am ordering an AC 70 tomorrow:)) My fish act healthy and happy and my well water does NOT contain trates so I'm not sure whats going on either...:confused:

Something else I just thought of: what kind of fish and how many do you have in your tank? Just to rule out or pinpoint an overstocking issue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom