60 gallon cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so i guess thats the way to go right? Gonna go out and get the stuff for the QT today. Also i have never done a fish-less cycle, Could you guys explain how to do it or give a link? Thanks

Not necessarily, you can go with a cheaper sand like pool filter sand. The pH usually stabilizes from the salt mix. My fluval sea salt changes my water from a pH of 7.0 (i think) to 8.2.

Easiest way to fish less cycle is to just drop a frozen table shrimp or two in the tank. Preferably in a stocking to keep from making a mess. Then, just watch parameters until you see ammonia spike/drop, nitrite spike/drop, nitrate spike.

Not necessarily, you can go with a cheaper sand like pool filter sand. The pH usually stabilizes from the salt mix. My fluval sea salt changes my water from a pH of 7.0 (i think) to 8.2.

Easiest way to fish less cycle is to just drop a frozen table shrimp or two in the tank. Preferably in a stocking to keep from making a mess. Then, just watch parameters until you see ammonia spike/drop, nitrite spike/drop, nitrate spike.

So can that be done for FW too? I will get aragonite anyway for the look.

You can possibly place a piece of live rock in the QT that's covered in natural algae.

Wouldnt that ruin the piece? Guess i wont get a LM blenny. Maybe a tail spot or red lipped. Gonna get the QT set up on friday and maybe the tank on saturday.

You can place a sheet of seaweed in the qt for the lawnmower. :)

i would stay away from the redlipped, the one Ihad was extremely nasty. So nasty I put him in the 90g where he immediately started picking on the nasty fish and was eaten within 24 hours. :-(

You can place a sheet of seaweed in the qt for the lawnmower. :)

i would stay away from the redlipped, the one Ihad was extremely nasty. So nasty I put him in the 90g where he immediately started picking on the nasty fish and was eaten within 24 hours. :-(

My blenny doesnt eat seaweed and i was planning on moveing him. But all fish are gonna go through QT so i guess he will have to stay. Well he does eat emerald entree, eould that be sufficent for 2 weeks?

My blenny doesnt eat seaweed and i was planning on moveing him. But all fish are gonna go through QT so i guess he will have to stay. Well he does eat emerald entree, eould that be sufficent for 2 weeks?

Just wondering but why are you putting fish you already have through quarantine? IMO if they are disease free in the tank you have, why stress them out an put them in a quarantine system?

Just wondering but why are you putting fish you already have through quarantine? IMO if they are disease free in the tank you have, why stress them out an put them in a quarantine system?

Just making sure if they do have any disease than they wont bring it in to this tank. I didnt QT in my 37g, could be somthin in there.

How long have you had the fish in the 37 that you're moving to the 60?

Well everyones in there seems healthy and has been in for a while with the exception of a new clown goby that i got last week, he looks like crap. He will have his QT up on friday. Everyone else is fine but i will still be QTing them before they transfer (the valentini puffer, and the flame angel) so that if everyone else gets somthin i can treat them together without these two in the mix.

Well everyones in there seems healthy and has been in for a while with the exception of a new clown goby that i got last week, he looks like crap. He will have his QT up on friday. Everyone else is fine but i will still be QTing them before they transfer (the valentini puffer, and the flame angel) so that if everyone else gets somthin i can treat them together without these two in the mix.

It's up to you but why put fish you have had that are doing great through the stress of a newly established quarantine tank? I wouldn't I'd rather put my healthy fish into a healthy reef system than a bare bottom, PVC filled quarantine. For new arrivals, yes definite quarantine I just don't see why your healthy fish should go into quarantine. Just my .02

Back
Top Bottom