60 Gallon Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattyfelts

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all, just going to make a build thread on this already stocked and already running tank, its been setup for close to a year and the only plants are anubias. Lots of DW and rocks. I plan on planting it better and upgrading lighting eventually. Will upload a FTS when i get home from school

well this is my major updates. now I'm running 48" t5 daylight bulbs (2), I have Anubias and one Amazon sword. I am dosing liquid carbon and flourish excel liquid ferts

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

well i havent been to this thread in a while, hello hello...

Going to get some water wisteria today to plant in the back right corner, also get some root tabs while their on sale and shove em under that amazon swords. Stocking update is

1 koi angel, 14 zebra danios?, and 8 cherry barbs. I think im happy with that. Amazon sword is growing crazy,im going to move around a bit of the rock and drift wood maybe.... not to sure yet. I have some finer gravel/sand im going to add soon as well just on top...

This is a super low tech, running dual t8s... might go quad t8... or dual t5.... idk..

Brookster come bless this tank

they ran out of wisteria so I got hornwort. tanks cloudy caused i stirred up some stuff while planting the hornwort. it's cool to see the froth on the sword. oh and I put a root tab under the sword.

I have one on my 65g. Best filter I have had. Super quiet and works amazingly well. Has a Easy setup.
the aqua stop valves will sometimes leek about 2 tablespoons of water when first disconnected. I have heard that the priming pump can break off due to it being flimsy (which it is) but as long as your carful you should be fine.
Over all I would suggest the purchase:)

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

ended up going with a 405, little more pricey but additional flow should be good.
img_3171786_0_e1e7a6fb1d4644b56f05911bf109b283.jpg

so after 3 hours -.-, i have it running. its a tad bit noisy(a bit louder then a hum) which i attribute to it being new. getting air out was a PITA, but i think ive got it all out, and its running smooth. Crazy amount of flow which i dont hate.

oh i will post some before and after shots later tomorrow.

in all honesty i got the bugs out. dannnng this is quiet...

before canister :
img_3172617_0_5720d7aae5b307cd1ae421201c81992e.jpg

img_3172617_1_c2feb440176dfbce15462e8be8c3a9a8.jpg

after (hobs still Chillin on the back but 406 installed )
img_3172617_2_ea273936ed1c5da11b96c16629fdfca6.jpg

img_3172617_3_e4eaa247313cb6846cc406ced616da86.jpg
[/URL]

Following your thread Matty!
Coming along nicely and the addition of the 405 was really nice. It's what I use on my 90 and the flow is awesome from it.
Your hornwort is nuts!
I should look into it maybe...I kill everything else...lol
Nice thread going.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

I feel like a tank of pee with light shining through a pin hole could grow it

update three months of absence later...

So, my angel passed, but i still have danios and cherry barbs and one platy. As of now my plants consist of an amazon sword, some anubias, some corkscrew val., ludwigia repens?, and some red temple plant...

anyone interested in update photos?

Nope... yoooooo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom