60 gallon tang stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom.fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys
Just bought a new aqua one tank, 4ft, 62gallon.
I wanted to do a tang set up, here is my ideas
4x gold ocelletus
3x neo similis
3x tropheus ikola
2x xenotilapia ( sand sifters)
2x neo birchardi
4x julidochromis marlieri
2x cyathopharynx furcifer
It would be a male to female ratio for breeding, I no I can't have all of them but I would love your opinions.
Thanks.

Tom.fish said:
Hey guys
Just bought a new aqua one tank, 4ft, 62gallon.
I wanted to do a tang set up, here is my ideas
4x gold ocelletus
3x neo similis
3x tropheus ikola
2x xenotilapia ( sand sifters)
2x neo birchardi
4x julidochromis marlieri
2x cyathopharynx furcifer
It would be a male to female ratio for breeding, I no I can't have all of them but I would love your opinions.
Thanks.

I'm glad to see someone doing a lake tanganyika tank. :) those are some nice looking fish. The would remove two of those fish and add some more of the others. The two I would remove are

cyathopharynx furcifer because they get way to big to be with the others imo

tropheus ikola because it is listed as highly aggressive and will more than likely kill everyone

The two I would up the numbers on are
gold ocelletus 2-3
neo similis 2-3
But that's all up to you can't wait to see it finished :)

thanks andrew!!
Ye I thought those would be the ones to go ahah.
I have already got 4 ocelletus so I think I will get some more. Is there any tropheus species I can get or are they all to agressive and is there any oter fish similar ( middle water swimmers) that are good for a 60g?. I would like maybe one more type of shellie. I there any rarer shellies that would suit the the tank and it's conditions.
Here is a photo of it. ( I will be putting more shells and rock) thanks heeps

Attachments

• image-3807117519.jpg
    image-3807117519.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 79
Tom.fish said:
thanks andrew!!
Ye I thought those would be the ones to go ahah.
I have already got 4 ocelletus so I think I will get some more. Is there any tropheus species I can get or are they all to agressive and is there any oter fish similar ( middle water swimmers) that are good for a 60g?. I would like maybe one more type of shellie. I there any rarer shellies that would suit the the tank and it's conditions.
Here is a photo of it. ( I will be putting more shells and rock) thanks heeps

I don't have first hand experience with lake Tanganyika species to be honest I can only go off of what I know from research. There is only one person on here that I know of that (I think) has these species and that's Zagz and I never see her on here anymore. I'm not sure if malawifreak or anyone would be able to speak for first hand experience. I can only help from doing research and little knowledge that I know as stated above. I'll do some research tonight when I get home for you. I'd personally stay away from anything that gets above 6" and is aggressive. Maybe you can go with some of these species Cyprichromis

I looked up the cyps and I think they are very cool. No need to go to a lot of trouble ahahaha but thank you anyway :))

I'm not really sure where you came up with that stock list but that tank is doomed to fail, there are so many imcompatable fish there.

The Trophs are going to kill each other until there's one, but not before they kill the poor defenseless shellies.

The cyathopharynx furcifer are a large bodied fish that will reach close to 9" so the tank sized tank is not suited to them, secondly when being kept with fast moving aggressive fish you'll never see the color your looking for.

I would really give some time researching fish, or buy stock in a local store since you'll be buying replacement fish frequently.

Thank you hukit, mabye if you read the other posts I said I would drop the trophs and the cyathopharynx And I will probably drop the n. brichardi. No need for your negative comment, andrew had already explained to me what you had just said but without the attitude. Thanks

Tom.fish said:
Thank you hukit, mabye if you read the other posts I said I would drop the trophs and the cyathopharynx And I will probably drop the n. brichardi. No need for your negative comment, andrew had already explained to me what you had just said but without the attitude. Thanks

He wasn't being negative just giving you facts. If there is anyone on here I would listen to about large cichlids its hukit and any advice recieved by him should be appreciated. I hope all goes well though and when you get a new list let's see it :)... Can't wait to see this build in progress. I love tanganyikan tanks

Sorry guys.
I have come up with a new list and I am not saying all of these guys will work but here is my list:
2x Chalinochromis
3x julidochromis marlieri
3x lamprologus calliurus
3x lamprologus caudopunctatus
3x lamprologus similis
4x lamprologus ocelletus
3x xenotilapia
I no I will have to edit this so what are your opinions, I want the ocelletus, xenotilapias, and the julidochromis so they are a must.
Thanks

Tom.fish said:
Sorry guys.
I have come up with a new list and I am not saying all of these guys will work but here is my list:
2x Chalinochromis
3x julidochromis marlieri
3x lamprologus calliurus
3x lamprologus caudopunctatus
3x lamprologus similis
4x lamprologus ocelletus
3x xenotilapia
I no I will have to edit this so what are your opinions, I want the ocelletus, xenotilapias, and the julidochromis so they are a must.
Thanks

I ment 6 lamprologus ocelletus sorry.

Back
Top Bottom