60G Peacock/Hap Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the cichlids, i had so many ideas i wanted to do for my 60 and still want (MORE TANKS) lol. Ended up going with discus, Saw them at a local guys shop for a good price and couldn't pass them up. Nice looking tank though, In regards to the filter pushing on the light button i cut about an inch hole in the plastic filter cover right in the middle where the tube goes in and its totally fine now. Doesn't push and gives you a nice little area to push the button.

I'll look into it! I have always considered discus, but i don't have the time for the amount of maintenance that they require

This is my first time ever owning them, but i think the maintenance is more for breeding honestly. I have done 1 40% this week and they are totally fine. I think the daily wc or every 2 days is really more for breeding. Mine were breed locally in very similar tap water conditions and the guy said the same thing. The more frequent wc and things are more along the lines of breeding and tanks that are pushing stocking limits.

But who knows. That would be something papa would be better off answering.

Still playing around with it a little.. I think I like it like this.

Any suggestions, thoughts or comments on the new scape?

Sent from my VS986 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1450564285296.jpg
    1450564285296.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 41
If you are taking them on a phone post them to your computer first, then open the image (for windows it is windows photo viewer) then click the rotate button on the bottom

On the note of scape i would love some driftwood mixed in.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 34
Thank you, I was posting from the app on my phone. So maybe I shouldn't do that.

I thought about adding driftwood, but decided against it. I have never had rocks in any of my tanks before. I decided to just rock it out.

I'm sorry to hear that. I have some driftwood in my 13 which I think is a very nice looking tank for it's size. (unfortunately no picture)

The one thing that I wish I did when originally scaping my tank was to put the rocks in first then the sand and crushed coral mix

Yellow peacock

Attachments

• 1450568176697.jpg
    1450568176697.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 35
Mdoka

Attachments

• 1450568204295.jpg
    1450568204295.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 42
Lab mbamba

Attachments

• 1450568275205.jpg
    1450568275205.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 46
Still settling but these are the discus i got

Attachments

• IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 39
Pics of my tank and the mod for the filter/light i was talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 42
It looks nice! good idea for the button hole. I may try it, I may just leave it. I have seem to have gotten over the fact that it won't go all the way down.

I think my fish are taking a liking to the added rocks.

The Eureka was guarding a cave that the Yellow was in.. (odd) now neither one use that cave and everyone is freely swimming.

I was getting used to it and then someone suggested it to me so figured i would give it a shot. It is WAYYYYYYY better.

You should avoid driftwood with Africans for its tendency to lower ph. The tank looks nice! I also don't believe I'd go cutting holes in things for a minor clearance issue. It's so unnoticeable on my setup that I literally forgot it existed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was not going to do driftwood. I don't like how it looks. with cichlids, it doesn't make sense.. As for cutting a hole in my filter cover.. I don't think I'm gonna do that either because it will devalue the filter

Back
Top Bottom