60g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have a 60g hex tank, just over 2 feet deep

I currently house
mollies(black and silvers), 1M, 3F
mollies golddust, 1M, 2F
swordtail, 1M, 4F
Platies, 4F
kuhli loaches, 3
guppies, 2M, 3F

Can i get any more fish? or do i need to stop?

What would be some suggested fish i could get? im looking for some variety

what type of plants would survive in this deep of a tank? i have 3 T8 15w bulbs

Haha I have 28 young mollies few months old, found 11 more fry in the last 2weeks I remove the moms most the time and.save.any babies that I.see. ... lol so not as worried about.baby eaters but must not be a threat to my loaches!

Do you sell the fry? Just curious because if you plan to keep some, then I would call it quits on anymore stocking. How long is the tank? Do you have a test kit? Those are all important questions for stocking. :)
I don't know anything about those lights, so I will leave that question alone.

You could do a nice plant setup. You could put anubias in the bottom, and java ferns, swords, and even some weedy ones like hornwort, cabomba, or anacharis.

The fish are good right there, I would say anwyays. MAYBE a school of corys.

I am NOT keeping any of the babies, they are in a separate tank... the tank is just over 2 feet deep..... I'm not a fan of corys, could I get a few more loaches?

You can for sure get a few more loaches. :) Since your water params are awesome and you have no other bottom feeders, you can definitely get a few more loaches IMO. :)
As for adding other fish, that depends on how much horizontal room the tank provides. Hex tanks can be a bit tricky to stock, but the fish you have selected sound like a great match for that set-up. :)

rreekers said:
Ph between 7.6-7.8. Ammo 0. NitrAtes less than 10 nitITes 0
w/ fluval 305 canister filter

Wow! Your 305 is surprising me! It seems like not enough filtration for a 60 gallon, but apparently it is working perfectly!

I think that it works so well with my tank because it is so tall and has less surface area.... just a thought

Angelfish, maybe 1 pair or a trio of females if you know how to vent them(sex them).........you can learn how.

good luck;)

angels would prob. be best option as tank is tall and narrow...........

Maybe. What sort of tetras were you thinking? Honestly, I think if would have to up the amount of pwc you do if you added a school of tetras since your filter isn't stunning. I think it would be better to just leave it as is, but if you want to try adding a school of tetras, thats up to you.
But, what sort of tetras were you thinking about?

Honestly I'm not tlreally sure I.never knew there were so many different types!!! There is more research to be done... I did add 2 more loaches yesterday, the lady at the pet store didn't know about their amazing dance! She said " I kind of thought they were dummy, because all they do it sit under the rock... I enlightened there and told her that they have some much personality and are sometimes my favorite to watch :)

Yeah, that little dance is so great to watch!
Definitely do some research about various tetras. Beware of your space and filter capacity. :)

I took my 4 adult mollies and 28 babies ( 3/4-1inch) to the lfs. so I decided to get some fish that I found more suitable for my tank, I got a male dwarf gourmi, and 4 silver tip tetras.. I added some more live plants... other tank mates are 2platties 5 swordtails 5 kuhli loaches, 4 guppies, 3 gold dust molies....
what are your opinions of my stalking?
I feel like it sound like that is a lot but its a 60g tank and they are reletively small fish in my opinion

I think the combo sounds fine, but I suggest getting 2-4 more silver tips. IME, they are one of the feistier tetras, so mine have done best in larger groups once they got a bit of size of them.
Other than that, I think it sounds great. :)

Back
Top Bottom