65 Gallon tiger barb tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis93

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 65-gallon tank with 5 tiger barbs, 1 rainbow shark, 5 cory catfish. I was considering getting some Odessa barbs to go in the tank, but I had some concerns. I have read online that tiger barbs only do good with other tiger barbs or other colored versions of tiger barbs (like albino and green). I would have to order the Odessa barbs and I don’t want to go through the hassle and cost if they won’t get along with the tiger barbs. The only options I have located near me are a PetSmart and a Petco. Does anyone think the Odessa barbs will be okay with them? Also, if anyone has an recommendations I would apricate it.
Thank you

I have a 65-gallon tank with 5 tiger barbs, 1 rainbow shark, 5 cory catfish. I was considering getting some Odessa barbs to go in the tank, but I had some concerns. I have read online that tiger barbs only do good with other tiger barbs or other colored versions of tiger barbs (like albino and green). I would have to order the Odessa barbs and I don’t want to go through the hassle and cost if they won’t get along with the tiger barbs. The only options I have located near me are a PetSmart and a Petco. Does anyone think the Odessa barbs will be okay with them? Also, if anyone has an recommendations I would apricate it.
Thank you

Personally I wouldn't try it. They seem to be hit or miss. Some people keep them together fine and others have fish die left and right. I've kept tiger barbs with other fish species but not with other barbs and they did fine.

Personally I wouldn't try it. They seem to be hit or miss. Some people keep them together fine and others have fish die left and right. I've kept tiger barbs with other fish species but not with other barbs and they did fine.

What other fish did you keep them with? I was thinking of getting 5 green tiger barbs or just 5 more regular tiger barbs and I wanted to add another fish species that weren't tiger barbs to the tank. Any recommendations?

Odessa Barbs are one of the finest fish I've ever kept. They like cooler temps 68 - 72 degrees.
A 65 stocked with Standard, Greens and Albino Tiger Barbs would look great. Mix in a Rainbow Shark and a few Red Fin Botia Loaches, that would make for an excellent Asia themed bio type setup.

What other fish did you keep them with? I was thinking of getting 5 green tiger barbs or just 5 more regular tiger barbs and I wanted to add another fish species that weren't tiger barbs to the tank. Any recommendations?

I kept them with serpae tetras and 24k gold white cloud minnows, 2 albino bristlenose plecos.

Back
Top Bottom