65 Reef Reloaded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ratrik13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, after almost a year exactly of looking at my empty 65 sitting in the living room and the buckets of rock on the deck my wife finally laid down an ultimatum I have to either set it back up or she was going to give it away. Between her threat and the guys at the local fish store bugging me to get it set back up I finally buckled and set the tank back up in time for valentines day. One of the guys from the LFS came over and helped me get the rock work done. We found that a whole year outside sealed in buckets in Alaska does nasty things to liverock. So this is what the new 'scape looks like.

img_1236210_0_fc742bfc5f39eb06f5a5da6d0a3909ea.jpg

I'll try to update a little more about my plans when I've got some more time.

I posted a pic, did it not work?

My major goal for this tank is to start keeping SPS corals in 8 months to a year. I'd really like to keep a few species of Acros, but after talking to some of the folks at my LFS it sounds like no one around here has much luck with Acros which leads me to believe it's shipping problems. The good news is I had luck with Montiporas before so I can probably keep them again. In the mean time, I hope to find some nice colored zoas and a few softies that I can either pass on to friends or wont cause to much grief later on.

Oh, as for lighting, I'm looking at getting one of the 250w maristar fixtures (or maristar 2 as soon as their released in 3') to replace my cobbled together collection of a 150w sunpod and 95w PC fixtures.

As far as fish go I hope to be able to find some (3-4) juvenile flasher wrasses again, a shrimp and goby pair, a yellow clown goby and cleaner goby or two.

For inverts I'm thinking the usual collection of nassarius, trochus and cerith snails. I'd also like to include a fighting conch, some sexy shrimp, a pair of porcelain crabs once my system had been up for a while.

I know I'm way ahead of myself, but that's part of why I'm trying to set up a tank journal, so I've got a sandbox to plan in while getting some feedback from people with similar interests. Thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom