65+stand for $125 CDN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good to me--is it the tank you want??
Someone will probably come along and tell you they got a better deal. Personally, I would take it myself--if I lived over there!

I don't think you can find much better deal than that - assuming aeverything is is good shape.

Well..i was actually looking at 65s in the LFS the other day but i held off in case i could pick one up used...however, a 90 gallon really caught my eye but I don't think I can afford that one at this time so 65 is probably a good one to start with. IT's my first aquarium so...

65 is great to start with! I have an 80 gal and it's a bit much. The cost alone for substate, decor, rocks, driftwood (whatever) for a 90 gal is huge.
What, if anything, does the 65 gal come with?

I've had bad luck with used tanks.

Check out everything THOROUGHLY!

It would be ideal if he had the tank set up and the equipment running when you get there so that you KNOW it's usable.

I've got two 55 gallon tanks that I bought used that will end up being used for lizards/hermit crabs when my son gets old enough to catch critters...

spongebob69 said:
good deal?

you are correct sir...

I picked up 65 gal from big al's on their boxing day sale here in T.O. and it was $79...the stand was another $100 or so..

so you got yourself a nice deal!

Zach

I'm going to look at it tomorrow night. Apparently, it's only a year old...and was used for a scorpion so all the seals should be good. It came from a reputable store in town and originally had a glass top which he sold. I called the store he bought it from and i can buy another top for like $40. Kinda expensive but gotta keep the fish in the tank right.

Why do they diecide to sell the tank for like...$10 and then they sell the lid type thing for say $30. well that is at wal-mart. im wanting to go and look at goodwill for a tank..is that a bad thing to buy a used tank? how do i make sure for it? I have 17 white mollies and one tetra and one CAE.(which i dont like one bit) You might ask why i have soooo maby mollies...theyhave had kids since then! :eek2:

SB-glass tops are pricey. Does the deal include the light? I recently bought a 10 gal with filter for $20, the top was $15 and they wanted $40 for the light. The fish are living with natural light right now.

Kansas, used tanks are often a great deal. Before adding fish, let the tank sit for a few days to make sure the seals work. Look in the classified adds for aquariums, you'll probably do better there that at goodwill. Plus yard sale season is coming!

Back
Top Bottom