6g reef nano advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oc Robbie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I could really do with advice on k-chaeto algae . Lfs said put in in the back of the filter area in my tank . I use to tropical planted but not marine . Could this work? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434201986.927034.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434202003.451157.jpg

From the left the first compartment has floss , phosEx 2nd compartment has micromec then the k-chaeto sitting on top. 3rd compartment has heater & pump
Tank has just a cleaner crew & one tube anemone.

Water seems to be in good shape nitrite & ammonia reading nil & nitrates at 10 . Dkh at 10 & ph 8
What to the experts on here think ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cheato can be used effectively to export nutrients. It'll need turned so the bottom bit doesn't die off from lack of light and release the nutrients it is absorbing as it grows back into the water column.

Chaeto needs to have relatively good flow through it. Most would tend to let it tumble in a sump, your looks as if it may just be sitting in a tight spot, and that may cause you problems with it.

True it's just sitting . I might move it too the last compartment with the heater & pump. More room & flow in there !

You'd have to put a sponge filter onto the pump, or the Chaeto would get sucked into it.

Never thought of that . I've plenty of sponge & I line the inlet with it to prevent it getting sucked in ?

along with flow , light encourages growth allowing you to cut off outer excess cheato once in a while to help export excess nutrients , cheato will diminish over time with out light it wont grow

Ai prime is a really lovely light . The mount is sh@t! I love the control over wifi . Easy to adjust on the go .

Back
Top Bottom