72 bowfront final build pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShooterRick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well she cycled in 10 days! Yesterday we introduced 5 blue green reef chromis and hung the LED fixture. Unfortunatly the used SWC OCT skimmers main pump failed this morning. With just the 5 chromis I feel I have some time and ordered a new skimmer today. Once it is on line I will transfere the contents of my 29 gal. Fowlr tank if water tests ok all at the same time. The fowlr has 4 small fish and about 15 lbs of live rock left in it. I am super impressed with Reefcleaners base rock and place a order for a CUC and chaeto for my fuge. The RKL is functioning well once I figured the thing out. LOL I am pleased with the rock work and only the 2 arches are epoxied. The rest is dry stack. Pics below.

72bowfront2_291_01.JPG

72bowfront2_292_01.JPG

72bowfront2_289_01.JPG

72bowfront2_290_01.JPG

Really like ur rockscaping. How much rock total do u have in there

Really like ur rockscaping. How much rock total do u have in there

Right now I have very close to 70 lbs of a mix of base and live from my fowlr. I still have some rock left in my fowlr helping support it until the contents get moved. Total when done will be about 85 lbs of rock. I was originally thinking of 1.5 lbs per gal of water but as I worked on it being slightly on the light side just looks better in this tank. I will of course be over the minimum of 1 lb per gallon. The base rock from RCs is so pourous I think I can get away with it.

I have a Vertex and love it. Super simple to operate, poor directions- recommend googling directions to set up- broke in w/in a week and runs pretty quiet

Back
Top Bottom