75 Gallon A. Cichlid Tank Canister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t57spikes

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm setting up my 75 Gallon A. Cichlid tank and im still wondering on the canister filter that I want. I plan on keeping 40 male A. cichlids in this tank and I planned on running 1 Eheim 2217 filter but I have been reading and people are saying that the GPH are way lower than advertised. So im a little worried, others are saying that fluvals are more powerful, but eheim looks like a much better built product. Also, people have mixed reviews on how clear the Eheims keep the water, this tank will be maxed out so i need to best available. Any personal preferences or experiences? What should I do?

Fluval FX5/6. Also that maybe a few to many fish, try like 15-20 would be a more realistic number once all the rock work is in.

The larger Eheims are a solid choice as well, I'd do larger than the 2217 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ya I'd cut your fish in half. 40 juveniles would be ok but most will grow 4 to 6 inches. Plus you need caves for them.

As for a filter you have plenty of options. I'd suggest 2 canisters or one high capacity like the Fx listed above.

Back
Top Bottom