75 Gallon advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nelsontreyjones

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I will be upgrading from a 40 breeder to a 75 gallon. Right now im in the planning phase. I plan to start buying the equipment this week and start in about 2 weeks.

This is what im looking at right now

Tank Specs:
48" x 18" x 21"

Filtration:
Fluval 206 x2
Fluval C3

Lighting:
48" Finnex Ray2 7000k or 48" Buildmyled 6300K

Heater:
250W Aqueon Pro Heater

Fish (Planned as of right now):
Boesemans Rainbowfish x7
Turquoise Rainbowfish x5
Rummynose Tetra x12
Julii Cory x6
Otocinclus x3
Black Ruby Barb x5
White Cloud Mountain Minnow x5
Bristlenose Pleco x1

Aqadvisor doesn't indicate any problems with my choices but do you guys see any problems? or maybe suggestions. Also i'm not sure what to do about the lighting. Should I bite the bullet and get the Buildmyled fixture which is about 300 dollars with the dimmer and tank mount, or just pick up the Finnex for half of that. My main concern is with my 40 gallon I had a problem keeping red stem plants red. Even after switching bulbs. It seems like the Finnex would lead me back down that road because of the spectrum. Is the cost really worth it? I don't plan to upgrade any bigger for quite sometime.

Oh and btw this will be a Co2 injected tank with fertilizers .

Thanks in advance .

i have heard very good things about both the finnex ray2 and the buildmyled . for me instead of getting 1 buildmyled i would get two finnexray2 and save 100 bucks for fish

i have heard very good things about both the finnex ray2 and the buildmyled . for me instead of getting 1 buildmyled i would get two finnexray2 and save 100 bucks for fish

Yeah I have heard the positives about both of them. A single finnex I will be look at 167.11 and the BuildMyLed is 283.99

The ray 2 would give you solid medium light. The BuildMyLED gives you high light, even in that tank.

So, IMO, if you get the BML fixture, you'll most likely need pressurized co2.

Back
Top Bottom