75 gallon predator tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As long as there aren't any huge conflicts with water parameters I doubt it would bug the fish. The main concern would be finding fish that can coexist. You should look up the centipede knifefish, it could go in your aquarium and it's from South America so most likely no water parameter conflicts. Plus they are a lot cooler looking in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I think I'll try to keep it with a species of knife, a butterfly and maybe a crocodile fish

I think I'll try to keep it with a species of knife, a butterfly and maybe a crocodile fish and an elephant nose possibly

I think I'll try to keep it with a species of knife, a butterfly and maybe a crocodile fish

Hm ok well good luck! Make sure to keep us updated on it. Nigel does bring up a good point again, the Centipede knife would be really cool.

IMO you'r biggest issue with this stock would be the croc fish, they're pretty much the same fish but with different params. You could potentially have some issues getting one or the other to eat without eating the others food and/or not eating at all.

In a heavily planted tank at a nifty size like that it would likely work out. Just definitely watch feeding, that's your biggest hurdle!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just looked at the centipede knife, they are awesome!! Where do you get them?

Thanks I may also keep a school of neon tetras what do you think

They'd probably get eaten before you blinked. Especially with two insanely cool ambush predators like the Croc and Leaf. Wouldn't last a minute. That's why I said something along the lines of Congo Tetra or larger, more peaceful Tetara.
And if your source can get an SA Leaf in you can probably find the Knife there too lol! But most stores can likely order them or find one online.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You shouldn't keep knifefish with elephantnose. They both use electricity to navigate and find food. Keeping them together will cause interference and extreme stress. It also may cause pain to each fish. I agree with Bichir Bro, ditch the crocodile fish.

Yeah I was being dumb I think I may keep a school of something, not sure about what though.

You're all over the place. I'd say just keep researching and figure it out.

Which of these fish would work together and is there anything else I should look at?

We've pretty much said what may or may not work. It's your tank though, just figure out stuff you like. If you're in doubt just ask or aqadvisor.com is a good site to enter your tank and filtration and it'll tell you if you're overstocked, need more filtration, ideal temperature and pH as well as throw out red flags for fish that shouldn't be together.

Like Bichir Bro said, Congo tetras would look nice. Denison barbs may work.

As far as getting the centipede knife, aquabid is always a good place to start. Just look online for reputable places or like he said ask wherever you're getting the leaf fish from to track one down for you.

Back
Top Bottom