75 Gallon (RE)Stocking.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thutton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I had some problems with my tank which cause the loss of many of my fish. :(

But I am now doing a little restocking and would love some advice and input. My water is now perfect and everything is prepared.

Current Fish:
3-Silver Dollars
2-Clown Plecos
1-Common Pleco
2-Cherry Barbs
1-Male Guppy - slowly a few more will be added
(My Girlfriends tank is where we breed guppies and we move males to my tank to control breeding)
X amount of MTS

I have been looking at getting perhaps a few Bolivian Rams. any suggestions or opinions welcome. MAIN concern MUST be non aggressive it is a peaceful community tank.

Tank Specs:
75 Gallon
Fluval 404
Driftwood
All Fake Plants
Gravel

Thanks

bolivian rams are nice i keep a part.

feel free to take a look in my info at the stocking of my 75 gallon planted south american tank, i would consider all my fish peaceful, though dwarf cichlids can be a little aggressive when defending there territory or when mating...

Bolivians are great fish, like mentioned above. I had a common pleco, had to give him away, got too big for my 75G. They need bigger. Mine was almost 10". He was 2.5" when I got him, and grew to that size in about 7 months. They grow pretty fast if fed well. :)

I am very interested in getting a pair of the Rams, I still have much room. what would be a good addition to a peaceful community tank along with the 2 Rams?

Thank You

Apistos.... There's many types....
img_726950_0_88f87253ac90f87f8288b89d2edb7a69.jpg

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwapisto&1162648803

Roseline Sharks
lonewolfrosaline.jpg

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/profiles/6_47_en.html

Lonewolfblue said:
Apistos.... There's many types....
i can not speak to the sharks as i have never kept them, but i will second the apistos... my cockatoo apistos are quickly becoming the current favorite fish... :p

i would also suggest a school of something, maybe more cherry barbs, or some tetras...rummynose, sepia, ect.

i have heard that other apistos get aggressive... and would 2 rams be best? if so i can add somthing else..

I don't know if you like Tiger Barbs, but if you get a big enough group, they generally don't bother any other fish. I recommend a minimum of 8, preferably a few more. And they are fun to watch too.

I do like tiger barbs, they were thought of before I was just worried that i didnt have enough space to have enough of them to keep them happy

I have 8 in my 55G, no problem. You can do fairly large groups in a 75G. But it's just something to think about. Since you have Cherry barbs, I'd bump that up to at least 6-8.

my thoughts currently are

3 Silver Dollars(Current)
2 Clown Plecos(Current)
1 Common Pleco(Current)
2 Boluvian Rams(New)
10 Cherry Barbs(2 Current 8 New)
My MTS
and the odd Guppy here and there out of GirlFriends tank

any thoughts?

I am thinking I should only get the same sex for both Rams, incase they try to breed and become aggressive, is this a good idea?

No worries about the rams. They don't get very aggressive. They also don't hurt other fish, just bluff them, lol. Also, unless the Bolivians are mature, it's near impossible to tell the sex.

Back
Top Bottom