75 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1214220_0_4dbdfb8ef9d7348a95b6b629e677ec13.jpg
[/IMG]
img_1214220_1_97f6128b8126963cb2f3700cd27ea80b.jpg
[/IMG]
img_1214220_2_27dd1a791afc4dfccfc7d66cdddc0e3a.jpg
[/IMG]
img_1214220_3_c9a027a9784a21086c09a9a46014f2a7.jpg
[/IMG]
img_1214220_4_4c63a0386bfa6e0f44e0c4d4fd17fd21.jpg
[/IMG]
img_1214220_5_c2d89ac0b161b984b8c3c6d661e0ac93.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks good. I like the cave. Have you cut power to your pump to see how much water goes down to the sump in case of a power outage?

No, but there is a whole facing down at the high point of my supply. I'm assuming that is for breaking the suction if that happens.

It was very very loud until I filled the sump a little more so that the pvc went down into the water a couple inches.

but i mean, you don't hear it slurping up top like a drain clearing? usually there is a 180 degree elbow deal there with a couple holes in it and a piece of rigid airline tubing.

Yea... I have that piece I just didn't feel it was needed. Its not very loud though. Would it quiet it down still if I added it?

Ok, I put that piece on this morning and it did quiet it down a bit more. I am still looking for a light and considering getting my next fish. I am thinking about an anthia or a bangai cardinal (not sure if that's spelled right).

Just keep in mind that Anthias will need to be feed 2-4 times a day. The have a high metabolism because they are such active fish and need multiple feedings a day to keep healthy. It can be a real strain on tank filtration.

Picked up an anemone crab today. Still looking for a light fixture.

Just keep in mind that Anthias will need to be feed 2-4 times a day. The have a high metabolism because they are such active fish and need multiple feedings a day to keep healthy. It can be a real strain on tank filtration.
i don't think this is always the case. i know a few reefers that keep them and feed once a day. they've had them for a couple years now, so it's possible they don't need multiple feedings per day.

I think instead of the anthia, I'm going to pick up some type of red colored reef safe wrasse. Oh, I also ordered a bullet goby today.

a lot of flasher wrasses are cool, and reef safe. most have red in the colors, but certain more than others

My girlfriend brought home a canary blenny and a skunk cleaner shrimp tonight, happy valentine's day lol

iDreamInSaltwater said:
a lot of flasher wrasses are cool, and reef safe. most have red in the colors, but certain more than others

They are jumpers! Just keep that in mind. Had a Flasher Wrasse and lost it when it base jumped

Well now I have to replace a royal gramma and I have a bullet goby on the way. Considering ordering a current usa nova extreme pro t5ho, its a 6 bulb :) also looking to get about 10 more lbs of LR

that's a decent fixture. i would consider changing out the lamps for high end ones like ATI or giesemann. it will make a world of difference.

Back
Top Bottom