75 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cjsanders757

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm most likely moving and gonna have to restart my tank. It's fowlr right now why not go and do reef next time. Wanting to keep lps, sps, and some rock anemones down the line.

Equipment I have so far is a coralife super skimmer(underpowered for my tank), koralia 750, sump with sand rubble chaeto caulerpa and saltwater fern. About 50-60 pounds of rock and 50 pounds of sand.

-Gonna upgrade the skimmer any reccommendation on a good model?

-adding a koralia 1050 and 850

-adding new substrate, base and live rock.

-most likely upgrading to led lights. What are some lights to look at?

I would up your rock content a bit.... probably 75-100 lbs.

Since you already have a sump, you'll need to check to see how much space you have, footprint-wise. I'd personally recommend a Reef Octopus skimmer. An NWB110 will do the job, but you want to go +1 if you can, so if you can fit it, go with an NWB150.

Reef Octopus NWB110 4
Reef Octopus NWB150 6

With LED's, that's going to depend on your budget...... A pair of Taotronics over a 4' tank should do you pretty good for a reasonable price.

I would up your rock content a bit.... probably 75-100 lbs. Since you already have a sump, you'll need to check to see how much space you have, footprint-wise. I'd personally recommend a Reef Octopus skimmer. An NWB110 will do the job, but you want to go +1 if you can, so if you can fit it, go with an NWB150. Reef Octopus NWB110 4 Reef Octopus NWB150 6 With LED's, that's going to depend on your budget...... A pair of Taotronics over a 4' tank should do you pretty good for a reasonable price.

I agree though I will recommend different lights. Taotronics have gotten good reviews and they are easy to squeeze into a budget. I spent a little more and got some pharos LEDs and they are sweet. They are dimmable however they are run by a programmable controller so you don't need timers and to manually dim your lights. You program it when to come on and set percentage of total output based on a time. So you can have the lights slowly brighten over the course of the morning then stay at your preset max for a couple hours then slowly dim back down. They also simulate cloud cover although they don't feature lightning simulation as other name brand ones do.

Back
Top Bottom