75 gallon stock list. Opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Aqadvisor says its overstocked. At this:

5 red eye tetras
11 black neon tetras
5 bosemani rainbow
5 clown loaches.

pH runs about 7.4 in this aquarium and about 8 out of tap.

75 gallon with an eheim 2073

Thanks!

What is the biggest Cory? Emeralds get to 3" maybe replace the loaches with those?

Ok think I am switching it to:

5 red eye tetras
11 black neon tetras
5 bosemani rainbow
8 emerald cories

Thanks for the input! :)

Aqadvisor is very cautious with stock levels- you can have many more fish in there
I have a 90 gal stock list with over a hundred small and large fish
Aqadvisor freaked out when I entered the list
You should be fine

I would up your schools to 7 instead of 5 and if you want loaches I would get 6 yoyos or zebras. I just think corys are boring.

Nope the 75 could hold that bioload I wouldn't add any more after that but you could definitely have then

Doh! My husband moved my sons go danios to the 75. Dont think I can get them out easily! Lol guess in adding them to the stock list. Hopefully their ok with rainbows

They should be are you just gonna swap out red eye tetras for them

I am not sure why he put them in there. They were in a bucket being acclimated with water from my 28 gallon in another room! LOL but those suckers are FAST!

Nah they may balance out. The red eyes and black neon (1) were put in earlier that day. I think it will be ok but will double check. I guess at this point it puts me at:
6 glo danios
5 red eyed tetras
1 black neon

I want the end to be more black neons for sure (I'm irritated the 10 I have in QT didn't work out). In the end something like
5 red eye tetras
6 glo danios
7 black neons
6 Bosemani Rainbows
4 or 5 Yoyo loaches (I think we may also go with Emerald Corys)

That may put me a bit over but some of it is adjustable and I can always try to catch those darn danios and put them where they were supposed to be! GRRRRR!!!! LOL

I am not sure why he put them in there. They were in a bucket being acclimated with water from my 28 gallon in another room! LOL but those suckers are FAST!

Nah they may balance out. The red eyes and black neon (1) were put in earlier that day. I think it will be ok but will double check. I guess at this point it puts me at:
6 glo danios
5 red eyed tetras
1 black neon

I want the end to be more black neons for sure (I'm irritated the 10 I have in QT didn't work out). In the end something like
5 red eye tetras
6 glo danios
7 black neons
6 Bosemani Rainbows
4 or 5 Yoyo loaches (I think we may also go with Emerald Corys)

That may put me a bit over but some of it is adjustable and I can always try to catch those darn danios and put them where they were supposed to be! GRRRRR!!!! LOL

That should be fine IMO. You could probably even raise the schools a bit if you wanted to. Once you get them all in there, see how it looks and how they all get along then you will have a better idea if you could add more or not.

We have an eheim 2073 (I think it is a pro3).

That is great. I think it is going to take a long time to stock this sucker completely. I QT'd some new fish for 5 weeks and that hasn't worked out so it is going to take a long time to qt more. If they all get in there good I would love to up the schools some.

Back
Top Bottom