75 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sooflyfisher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, I'm planning the set up for my first tank in about 13 years. The tank I have is roughly a 75 gallon, 48 X 16 X 24 high. Been having a really hard time deciding what to do with it. I am now leaning towards central american cichlids. I've had them in the past and liked them. After a visit to some pet shops today I am leaning towards some blood parrots as the main fish.
Any thoughts on what to put in with them? Tank decor? Thinking a black sand substrate with some plants and wood. Also thinking of some ideas for caves.
Looking for any ideas, I'm not 100% decided on the blood parrots but think they will make me happy. Also am somewhat limited in choices for fish as there are not a lot of great fish shops around here.

Thanks all for any ideas!
Mike

Blood parrots would look great in a 75g especially with darker substrate. Just make sure that they are getting the food you put in. They have small mouths so feeding can be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom