75 or 120 Reef???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

S3Reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
All right my established 55 needs to be upgraded! I'm tired of 12 inches width!!

Soo.. my dilemma is I don't have $1000 to drop on lighting
I just turned 17 and work at public for $7.35 an hour as a minor.

So my budget for lighting is $650 and Im looking at the Ecotech Radion XR30W Gen2

I would only be able to afford 1 now.. Then another in the future.

That brings me too the question. IS BIGGER REALLY BETTER???

NOW ALOT OF YOU SAY YES...

Is the eco tech radion enough for the 120 until I can afford another/2 more?

I am keeping LPS corals and the most demanding coral I have is a hammer coral..

Thank you!!

TANK DeMENSIONS: 120-60L-18W-24H. 75-48L-18W-20H
:thanks:

Last edited:
Also would a vortech mp10 and Koralia 1400 evo work for water flow? How about the vortech by itself?

I was also in the same boat as you. And yes if you have the filtering capability bigger is better because you will have a more stable water quality and less fluctuations. I went with a 110g tank up from a 55g because my old lighting would work.

Ohhh.. I have a 6bulb t5ho aquatic life.. I think but it is a know off. So I'm wanting to go led

I'd go 120 as IMO it wouldn't be worth it going to the 75. Have you thought about going with some of the Chinese led fixtures? I have a 32" from reefbreeders over my 75 that has been amazing. You seem to be on a tight budget and radions aren't exactly budget friendly.

More water volume is always the best choice. It is more forgiving with mistakes or problems.

I just love the radions for the color capabilities! And yes Im on a fairly tight budget... lol

I still have to pick up a vortech power head.. not cheap...

Could I do 2 kessil a150w or is Eco tech Radion better?

I will buy another radion a month after the first.. sorry I wasn't more spacific.

I have decided to go with the 120.. now I'm looking at the equipment mainly.

Back
Top Bottom