75g planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What happened to your journal potty mouth;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No desire to continue to update it. Just posting some pics.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks so much better than my 75. Great tank.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

There is some nurii in there. I been waiting patiently for it to throw off a baby plant, but nothing yet.

What type of Val is that in the background? Looks nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes single 48" finnex planted plus

The Val's are nana tiger. They still grow extremely long but stay thin and have a wonderful marking on them.

Looks so much better than my 75. Great tank.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

As long as you love your scape that's all that matters. If you don't love it, have some fun and rescape it :)

How's the spread with the finnex on the 75 and what's the most light demanding plant that you can grow

What lights do you use? I am thinking of starting a planted tank. Its a 55 gal 48x13x20. Id appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks

he's using a single 48'' fined planted +. I also have a 55 gallon high tech planted tank and I use a BML w/ so lunar controller. both are excellent lights with the finnex having less light output but can provide enough light for most plants for sure. The BML has extremely high light out put but the price shows it :lol:

he's using a single 48'' fined planted +. I also have a 55 gallon high tech planted tank and I use a BML w/ so lunar controller. both are excellent lights with the finnex having less light output but can provide enough light for most plants for sure. The BML has extremely high light out put but the price shows it :lol:

Thanks man you rock!

How's the spread with the finnex on the 75 and what's the most light demanding plant that you can grow

the spread is not perfect but I would say its enough for a low tech tank like I run. i actually had to raise my lights back up after 2 weeks of dropping it from 24" above substrate to 22.5". GSA was starting to plague my anubias, so back up it went.

My most demanding plants woul probably be crypt gecko or red melon sword or oriental sword. just because each of these plants have red colouration to them. They all grow fine. plant placement is key and should be thought out in a low tech tank. if done right you can still grow some semi demanding plants. just wont be as stunning as in a high tech.

in the past i had DHG growing as well as some harder hygro species and some scarlet temple. even had some cardimine lyrata growing at one point.

I would say if you planning to use excel and you light to substrate depth is going to be around 20-21 inches you can grow a lot of med light semi demanding plants without a problem. Keep in mind I never dosed excel or ran co2.

Back
Top Bottom