75g reef tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good choice, great fish! My nephew calls it a digital camo princess because of the color change affect they have.

Love the coloring of them and the bicolor dottyback. But going with the royal gramma for the much more peaceful nature. It'll be named Laker lol.

Had the bicolor blenny, got rid of that sucker quick status. He ripped up my mystery wrasse. See ya! Now I have a gramma and way more peaceful

Yeah it looks like the grammas are defensive, but just open their mouths. all bark no bite.

On a side note, I asked this in another thread, but the thread ended shortly after. It looks like mushrooms can grow right along side other species of mushrooms without stinging. Does anyone know if Ricrodea mushrooms can be grown alongside typical mushrooms without any problems?

My goal is to eventually just have random mushrooms covering every piece of liverock.

New Gramma
2cranuc.jpg

Not too happy with the clown entering his new home
206fp0o.jpg

Little Cardinal, out and about
2ib0075.jpg

Poor Photo.. Got three emeralds. Here is one checkin himself out.
jzite0.jpg

Just had a mini panic attack. Came home to find the gramma wedged between to rocks, bent in between them. Thought he was dead, stuck the net in to get him, and boom he took of swimming. Is this a normal way for them to rest?

My gramma is always hidin in tiny crevices in the rocks. That's where he sleeps too. Perfectly normal for them to chill out resting amongst the rocks.

Yeah mine disappears for a few hours or days at a time... Used to it now.

Haha I wasn't concerned that I couldn't see him. Just the way he was laying sideways between two rocks, perfectly still, almost folded is what worried me. However all seems well! All my fish rest so differently.

Change of plans. Went to That Fish Place today. Decided we still really wanted a foxface so we went for it. Only going to add one more fish in a couple of weeks and thats the dwarf angel.

Final stock will be:
Two Pink skunk clowns
One Black axil chromis
One Bangaii Cardinal
One Royal gramma
One Foxface
One Dwarf Angel (cherub or flameback most likely)

May add the tailspot blenny in the future, but that depends on how everything goes for a while. After I get my last fish, I'll start adding mushroom rocks.

2hf8a6q.jpg

My new buddy. Really fills my tank when he's out and about. Bright, big, but a nice slow swimmer. Love it

Nice fish! They really add lots of color, good looking fish too!

Love foxfaces! And yours seems quite happy, no discoloration at all! :)
Regarding the stocking list: bangaii cardinals usually do better with at least 2 of them. :)

Thanks guys, he changed color a bit when I was acclimating, but as soon as he went in the tank he was out swimming and all yellow. Then at night he found a spot in the rocks and changed to his camo suit. Glad he wasn't stressed!

Beengirl: I had considered getting two, but I didn't want to risk getting two males or two females and my tank isn't large enough for a group of 5+ without really limiting my stock. He seems happy though; never hides, always out ready to eat.

Back
Top Bottom