8g Fluval Flora Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice, I like both of those. I picked up an aqueon 25w so I could get the tank completed but will definitely be looking into those when I replace it.

So I took out the background already, easiest mod I've ever done to a tank haha. Took a whopping 15seconds, by taking the styrofoam out it dropped the water level in my tank by 4" so I know any fish would be happier with the extra swimming space. In the second pic you can see the little circles where the glue was, just scrape it off and its all gone

Attachments

• image-2030929977.jpg
    image-2030929977.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1532007650.jpg
    image-1532007650.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 110
Looks much better! :) you can see what the background looks like in the pic I posted also. It's more visible on my 12 long thread linked in my signature.

Thanks! I really like those backgrounds Bill, I'll have to check them out. So the last of the glue has been removed, heater in, filter moved back and rocks moved, I'm going to need that background soon since I can see the spaghetti behind the tank now :( haha, oh well it's a work in progress right?

So next question is has anyone used or have any knowledge about the cheaper glassware you can find on ebay or amazon? I'd like a hang on tank glass diffuser I think but I'm worried about Asia sending me stuff that doesn't work

Attachments

• image-1280178946.jpg
    image-1280178946.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 103
  • image-4151079054.jpg
    image-4151079054.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 108
I have the aqueon 25w for my 2.5g tank, and its great.
The temp is always at a constant 78 degrees.
I say if its keeps the temp you want i would hold on to it.

I actually just received the NAG hang on diffuser and it looks amazing! Very good quality and they are one of the few eBay sellers over seas that actually provide tracking info.

Oh and just a quick note about the equipment... IF it were me, I'd place the heater on the back behind the internal filter... It'll keep all the equipment in that one corner, you won't have the cord running across the back of the tank, and the filter will circulate the warm water through the tank more efficiently... And IMO you should always have your thermometer on the opposite end of the tank as the heater... That's just my OCD speaking... :lol: ;)

I think I will end up ordering the NAG glass in a couple weeks, trying to convince the Misses to let me buy a 106 haha. Since I'll have to wait out a 27 day shipping time for NAG diffusers I'll just order Lilly pipes at the same time, but I'll wait a couple weeks to place that order. For now I picked these up and I'll see if they work, should be here Monday.

Attachments

• image-2518876693.jpg
    image-2518876693.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3713464370.jpg
    image-3713464370.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 80
  • image-3806380023.jpg
    image-3806380023.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image-4239260800.jpg
    image-4239260800.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 85
Oh and just a quick note about the equipment... IF it were me, I'd place the heater on the back behind the internal filter... It'll keep all the equipment in that one corner, you won't have the cord running across the back of the tank, and the filter will circulate the warm water through the tank more efficiently... And IMO you should always have your thermometer on the opposite end of the tank as the heater... That's just my OCD speaking... :lol: ;)

I really wanted to do it that way, but the intake strainer is on the same side as the spray bar so if I put it behind the filter I was worried it wouldn't circulate enough or maybe over hear the filter box. What do you think? Am I being overly cautious?

Oh, so today my wallet got quite a bit thinner, found myself with some free time to Internet shop today(always a bad idea haha). I'll post some unboxing pics as they come in, but I can give a hint if anyone wants

Hmm, not sure about the over heating, but part of me doubts it likely...

Hint hint!!! 106? Lily pipes? Inline heater...? Lol

Just picked up the etched window film so I may move it tonight while I'm putting that on, thank you.

Haha by the time I bought everything it would have been cheaper for my girl to allow a canister in the bedroom haha, so no Lilly Pipes just yet. It's not super exciting, but its exciting to me because I've never had anything "special" for my tanks. First hint: the first two words include "Aqua Design"

Ahhhh! Some ADA goodies!

Correct! Hope its not a let down for ya haha. Anyone know how often the ADA stuff gets restocked?? I wanted a few other things but they were out if stock, a message on the page said a new shipment would be in December, really hoping that just hasn't been removed from last December

Lol no no. I only guessed that because you were talking about it earlier! Hmm... What else could it be then...? Bubble counter, drop checker, diffuser?

Lol no no. I only guessed that because you were talking about it earlier! Hmm... What else could it be then...? Bubble counter, drop checker, diffuser?

We will just have to see when the boxes get here!

Wow, thank you both for pointing me in the window film direction! I was pretty skeptical while I was putting it on and for a minute after, it was pretty transparent. Then, I turned the lights on, and BOOM, looks pretty great to me! For the price and how much film you get, I don't think it can be beat. I also moved the heater, still think its a little close to things, but if it burns up the internal filter its just an excuse for a can haha. Pics!

Attachments

• image-3969910790.jpg
    image-3969910790.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 88
  • image-4029953480.jpg
    image-4029953480.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1973016848.jpg
    image-1973016848.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 90
  • image-1446831267.jpg
    image-1446831267.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image-967056553.jpg
    image-967056553.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 100
It looks sooooo good! I can't wait to see what the boxes from ada bring, and what other plants you may choose! You have a nice little tank there, well done! :)

Edit: is that a pot of HC I see waiting to be planted???

Thanks! I think when the boxes come in I may switch everything up a bit and getting a little fancy, I've got a vision in my head I'm tossing around. This whole small tank thing is completely new and challenging to me, I'm really liking it so far. I'm dreading selecting plants to be honest, I picked up some dwarf baby tears because my LFS always has them but these looked really healthy, but the plants I have in the back are definitely coming out and I'm still iffy about the compacta. I really don't know where to from here haha

Yay! Another rimless on AA. Great start and I'd like to following along too and see what goodies you get. :)

Thanks! I think when the boxes come in I may switch everything up a bit and getting a little fancy, I've got a vision in my head I'm tossing around. This whole small tank thing is completely new and challenging to me, I'm really liking it so far. I'm dreading selecting plants to be honest, I picked up some dwarf baby tears because my LFS always has them but these looked really healthy, but the plants I have in the back are definitely coming out and I'm still iffy about the compacta. I really don't know where to from here haha

Well, what is your vision? lol... You have any inspirational examples of what you're going for?

Well, this 20second drawing is kind of embarrassing haha, but maybe something like this. HC in the front and all along the right, then maybe move the compacta(depending on what it looks like) to the left of the tank with some sort of background plant in the back right. Please excuse the drawing, I'm not any good at drawing or explaining my ideas, but my vision is clear, to me anyway

Attachments

• image-2254086639.jpg
    image-2254086639.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom