90 gal stocking help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Eventually I am going to get a 90 gallon tank!! I'm shopping around and as soon as I can find a great deal on Craigslist I'm gonna jump in it!!!

Until then I'm gonna be doing research on fish that I can have in the tank.

I know for a fact that ill have 1 Bala shark and 2 angelfish!!!

What I'm wondering is what else should I put in this tank once I get it and its cycled!!!

If anybody has any suggestions on equipment for the tank feel free!

Also it will be a planted 90 gallon!

Eventually I am going to get a 90 gallon tank!! I'm shopping around and as soon as I can find a great deal on Craigslist I'm gonna jump in it!!!

Until then I'm gonna be doing research on fish that I can have in the tank.

I know for a fact that ill have 1 Bala shark and 2 angelfish!!!

What I'm wondering is what else should I put in this tank once I get it and its cycled!!!

If anybody has any suggestions on equipment for the tank feel free!

Unfortunatly the bala shark will not work in a tank of that size. A bala shark needs a tank larger than most home aquarist can supply.
However the angelfish with some pand garras, and some schools would be awesome!

Wow really!!! I thought that'd be perfect for a Bala shark. What would you say is the minimum size for one???

I'd add a pair of rams and a school of bleeding heart or diamond tetras once you move the shark

This is what I think I would do.

6 Denison barbs
2 angelfish
3 oto cats
1 gold gourami
1 red tail shark

Would this work??

I put it into aqadvisor and here were the stats: filtration-107%, water change-24% a week, and my stocking level would be at 88%. I know that aqadvisor isn't always precise but I think the numbers sound great! The only warning I got was that the red tail shark may jump!

You have to watch putting a large gourami with angelfish. Sometimes it works and other times not. Just monitor them closely.

If I got a 125 gallon tank would it be ok to get a Bala shark?? If so can I have a Bala shark and a red tail shark in it??

If I got a 125 gallon tank would it be ok to get a Bala shark?? If so can I have a Bala shark and a red tail shark in it??

No because bala shark are schooling fish and without schools you get huge neurotic fish shaped missiles that is dangerous to your tank.

No because bala shark are schooling fish and without schools you get huge neurotic fish shaped missiles that is dangerous to your tank.

If I got a 125 I would have 3-5 Bala sharks! Would that work with a red tail shark???

Back
Top Bottom