90 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude3233

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello I'm doing a 90g lake Malawi cichlid tank as of right now I have the 90g tank a magnum 350 rated for a 100g tank, hood + light. My questions are what kind of heater I should buy, and does anyone know how to do a 3d background because I know these types of cichlids like rocks. Any stocking advice is greatly appreciated. And make sure to subscribe

Hello I'm doing a 90g lake Malawi cichlid tank as of right now I have the 90g tank a magnum 350 rated for a 100g tank, hood + light. My questions are what kind of heater I should buy, and does anyone know how to do a 3d background because I know these types of cichlids like rocks. Any stocking advice is greatly appreciated. And make sure to subscribe

I would get two smaller wattage heaters for each side of the tank. Fluval brand are good ones, otherwise aqueon pro heaters are what I use. As for 3d background most people sculpt it out of "great stuff". Look up some YouTube videos. Now for stock you have to decide if you want a breeding set up or a show tank?

You may want to possibly invest in another filter as well. It's a good goal to try and turn the water over 7 to 10 times. Especially with cichlids, they are very messy.

2 Heaters are a good idea.

I have a 100 gallon with two 100 watt heaters and there are no cold spots. I have a MarineLand C-360 and it does the job quite well. I have 33 Malawi Cichlids and all are well.

That is we're a get stuck I know that when you do a breeding tank that the cichlids that are currently breeding get very aggressive. How hard is it to have. Multiple breeding pairs in the same tank

That is we're a get stuck I know that when you do a breeding tank that the cichlids that are currently breeding get very aggressive. How hard is it to have. Multiple breeding pairs in the same tank

Of the same species hard, of more than one very. Most peacock setups will have one male and several females. If you want to breed mbuna then you could have a couple males and a bunch of females. Depends what you want. With a breeding set up your not going to get the color show though

I have really know idea what kind of peacock cichlids I want, however you are saying when I buy the peacocks they will all look the Same, but as they mature the males will have brighter colors. One more thing if when I buy the fish, and by luck I get a bunch of males won't I have to rehome some??

I have really know idea what kind of peacock cichlids I want, however you are saying when I buy the peacocks they will all look the Same, but as they mature the males will have brighter colors. One more thing if when I buy the fish, and by luck I get a bunch of males won't I have to rehome some??

In a breeding set up yes. Most peacocks don't show color until close to 2" before this males and females look identical. Most people go by seeing some highlights of color and then assume its a male.

Back
Top Bottom