90 gallon planted tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquariums420

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

So I’ve had my aquarium up for a few months. I know it looks crowded with stuff but please be patient with me. I’m getting my hands on a 200g that I am getting some of my decor ready for new tank.

Anyhow, please enjoy the couple photos IMG_5933.jpgI’ve added and please tell me why you think. I’m no pro, and the plants I literally just got the Amazon sword, some of the Anubias, and the java sword. Also some of the drift wood I have I got from a member here, and it hasn’t reached bottom yet lol.

Thanks for looking! IMG_5934.jpg

Looks good. You can use rocks or some kind of weight to anchor the driftwood to the bottom. What kind of fish do you have inhabiting your aquatic environment?

Looks good. You can use rocks or some kind of weight to anchor the driftwood to the bottom. What kind of fish do you have inhabiting your aquatic environment?

Atm I have
10 angels
4 gold severums
3 tiger barbs
3 Bolivian rams
6 columbian red fin tetras
2 plecos

The fish will be moved around this weekend. I’m getting a 200g that’s gonna take most of the fish in and I’ll leave my 90g plants.

As far as my driftwood I just got it 2 days ago so maybe still needs time to sink? I’ll get some rocks worse case scenario I appreciate that input. I’m semi new to plants so please bare with me haha.

I’m sorry having a hard time uploading photo. I’ll try again when I figure it out. Again in sorry.

looks good and lots of possibilities! good choice on plants!
here are my comments:
1) tiger barbs and angels do not go together. when the angels grow and become slow, they become easy targets for the barbs.
2) I haven't had much luck with plecos in planted tanks. Their body has a very rough surface and they thrash it side to side. If they swim by any plants, they usually destroy it. If you really want to have the plecos and plants, make user the plants are not in their home territory.

have fun

looks good and lots of possibilities! good choice on plants!
here are my comments:
1) tiger barbs and angels do not go together. when the angels grow and become slow, they become easy targets for the barbs.
2) I haven't had much luck with plecos in planted tanks. Their body has a very rough surface and they thrash it side to side. If they swim by any plants, they usually destroy it. If you really want to have the plecos and plants, make user the plants are not in their home territory.

have fun

Pleco moves to other tank with no plants,

Will probably end up setting a 40g breeder under my 90 for my angels. Thank you for that info I had no idea, so far they’ve been doing well for about 10 months but my angels aren’t that big yet. (But are big). I added some more fish to the 90g can’t wait for the fish to relax and start showing.

Back
Top Bottom